• Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a 20% discount on Inform Racing.
    Simply enter the coupon code ukbettingform when subscribing here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Inform Racing so help is always available if needed.
    Best Wishes
    AR
  • Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

dancing braves racing blog

going to keep all my sel in one page keeps it tidy , apart from the eye catchers which al leave and please feel free to add thanks !
I welcome any input and am never offended by others views if anyone sees a weakness in any sel
ie someone who has local track knowledge may say hi they have had lots rain in last few hours
buddy , sometimes constructive points of view reap better rewards if knowledge is shared
we are not in competition here rem that am not interested in glory hunting and here for a bit fun
light banter and most important point is its all us against enemy number 1 the bookmakers
I feel its better to share knowledge and debate before the race not after when the horse has bolted
no one is perfect and I certainly don't claim to be, in just as in life selfish punters, always get found out, in the end , the type that scavenge and reap the hard labours of others while putting zero work or effort back, I have found over the years manners are free and if you go out your way to help and assist others , you get twice as much back in the long run , looks a really good bunch of guys on here and thanks for letting me post !
ps are there any lady members just wandering :hi:

The king George all week the so called expert racing pundits have been shouting from the roof tops
about jack hobbs last run , and the fact that it did not like the fast ground or soaring heat
Two of the most ridiculous statements i have ever heard ,

factor one the ground he won the irish derby on
DANCING BRAVE DANCING BRAVE Your above contains some good points and sentiments and i offer very best wishes for your blog.I have long maintained that the enemy is the Bookmakers not each other,and based on my experiences this forum is the best available to embrace this.
thanks, mick very kind of you ,

The king George all week the so called expert racing pundits have been shouting from the roof tops
about jack hobbs last run , and the fact that it did not like the fast ground or soaring heat
Two of the most ridiculous statements i have ever heard ,

factor one the ground he won the irish derby on was good to firm and
was also 2nd to the great golden horse in English derby
to use the ground as an excuse for last run is clutching at straws imo
and as for the soaring heat , forgive me for being pertuse did the rest of the runners
have air conditioning units in the parade ring :angry-extinguishflame: what a ridiculous comment
all the runners were sweating up , i think he may have a bounce after his exploits in
Meydan a class horse on his day and a resolute grider i will be shocked if it can give enable 14lb or infactany of them today !
time factor :jack hobbs won the irish derby in a time of: 2m 34.93s g/firm enable : 2m 32.13s both carried 9 stone jack looked visibly mighty impressive that day but not only does the clock point markedly towards enable , it was the cultimitive ease of its performance
that sets a good classic winner from an average one

Enable 2/5F
Frankie DettoriJohn Gosden
3 90 120 51 121 –
Settled behind leader in 2nd, improved going well to lead over 2f out where pushed along, soon ridden and quickened clear, stayed on strongly to assert inside final furlong, eased close home, easily (op 2/5 tchd 4/9) ok jack older and stronger been gambled all week , but to give enable 14lb cant see it !
knockers might say enable only beat rain goddess , but she can only bt whats in the race , as a consequence she has had a very easy race and is a fresh horse as a result , and anyhow the clock don't lie 11/8 best price but i cannot see her being beaten today getting the 14lb !

It is never fair to generalize but i am not a fan of the racing media pundits.The bottom line being if they are such good judges why do they need the job.? When they start collective crowing it is often best to seek an opposing view.On this forum or anywhere while we can respect and even learn from the opinions of others the best way forward imo is to form and use your own.

It is never fair to generalize but i am not a fan of the racing media pundits.The bottom line being if they are such good judges why do they need the job.? When they start collective crowing it is often best to seek an opposing view.On this forum or anywhere while we can respect and even learn from the opinions of others the best way forward IMO is to form and use your own.
most of them lemming tip and normally the 1st or 2nd favs ultimately they will get winners to save face mick
I find most of the tv pundits are duffers, and all have gagging orders so rarely criticises jockeys or tactics !

3,15 york a tricky race

Autocratic could have improvement in him and c/d form

Algometer seams to shirk a battle and finds one or two
too strong

Hathal r/post comments Group 3 winner last September; reappeared with good Group 2 third; new trip may suit

if he stays i think this will win 11/2
Autocractic preduced a very av time at york few rund back on good
2m 11.12s
but the haggis 2nd string [on paper ] preduced a faster speed rating
have endured a nightmare passage
time of 2m 10.16s carrying 5lb more and concider the terrible run it got
might have the measure of the stout horse , on official ratings it has to find but not out of it by any means

my advice is an 80 % 20 % bet a split dutch with the two haggis runners both won't mind the ground 11/2 and 7s respectively

Success Days the fav has never produced a good speed rating in its puff and is a plodder
and won races as a consequence of others toiling on very soft , almost by default if you like
wants a real bog like a ploughed up field but not a great horse even with cut imo !

I recall another member mentioning that Haggas likes a winner at York.In the 2.05 i have backed Get Knotted @ 8/1 and he fields the 5/2 fav so i hope its your race which gets the win ,not mine.:eek:

All the best with your blog .
Your right there is some knowledgable and sound guys and guyess on here who certainly know there stuff I love the horse racing and still follow it avidly but don't study the form anymore so I probably won't be contributing too much but I will be looking in .
All my time is spent on the football as I find it easier accessing 70 teams than thousands of horses nowadays . I tried giving the horse's a full time go about 20 years ago and did alright with the actual backing and making money armed with my superform and timeform publications it was just every thing else that went with it .
Temperament was a big issue and after a losing run I could feel not only my stress levels but the wife's increasing . I also found it a very lonely existence as I was having to spend many hours on my own studying form with those around me not racing people.
If forums were around 20 years ago they would of being a great benefit to me As indeed they are now .
Only a week to go now till I start focussing on the new football season . The wife's had 10 weeks of attention it's time for 42 weeks of me time now lol

Good luck today

Keegans head Keegans head i was never a fan of time form products back in the day,although current times they are very good ,but your mention of Superform brings good memorys.At first i thought (being snobbish) what a silly name ,but i soon changed my tune when they started making the OR an easy find.I also recall that with the paper form books they where the first to publish twice weekly updates.A shame they folded.I can well empathize with your other experiences and comments,an unfortunate part of the price.

I found Phil Bull to be a little too far up his own backside,but it is a great shame that he is no longer with us because the current day Bookmakers need sorting and he would be the man to do so.! As he hopefully looks down now i wonder his thoughts RE Time Form now owned by Paddy Powers.? Send a thunder bolt Phil that might do it.!

mick mick I share your views re timeform and superform . I took an interest in racing from an early age and from about 16 I was buying timeform at racecourses as it was the only publication I knew about really and carried on buying because I thought it was what us good backers of horses did (good marketing I suppose)

It was a revelation to me when I discovered superform do I remember correctly it was advertised in the haig annuals ? anyway I subscribed and it completed changed how I looked at racing instead at looking at abbreviations in form it's as if I could picture every race being run and how it was run and the pace of races run at the meeting ( if i found a class f race run in a +10 I was in my element)

Always used to come 2nd post Tuesdays and the shoelaces were undone and pages in the plastic folder as soon as I got in from work .

Loved the annuals too . Going to w h Smith's and buying as soon as it was in then spending many hours,days,weeks backfitting all the seasons results .
Happy memorys indeed .

Yes The Haig Annuals where the starter for Superform weekly.I had been buying the Raceform weekly form books for years prior and despite trying others all ways returned to them but for a while i bought both because Superform was good.Having it on line and instant we are lucky these days but i still have fond memory's of using the boot laces and the fresh paper smell of the updates,mind you mine where normally disintegrating by years end.!

OK a nice easy race Heritage Handicap) 3,00 Ascot

am sure a few raised eye brows might be around at my sel
as he a pup but if he can get any sort of tune out of it will get a place at least

swift approval ave took the 33s ew paddy p 1st 6 places 1/5 th odds

last run was 1st run for stable an improved performance when fourth in Silver Bunbury Cup latest;

with 7lb claim looks like it can run well today at a price

pays to shop about and extra place can mean the dif with a return or empty wallet

CONDITIONS
We are paying 5 PLACES for Each Way bets at 1/5 odds in the 14:40 York, 6 PLACES in the 15:00 Ascot & 4 PLACES 16:45 Ascot on Saturday.

Applies to 'Win or Each Way' market only.

Applies to Place part of Each Way bets only.

Extra places applies to bets placed after 10am on July 28th 2017.

Does not include tote bets.

Yes.Having it on line and instant we are lucky these days !

I agree Mick but knowing that everybody else can see the same would in my opinion make it even harder for me to find that edge that nobody else could see .therefore even though all the info is there I would probably have to be more disciplined and work harder than ever before .

The beauty of paper form books for me naively I thought there wouldn't be many people putting the amount of effort in that I did and that when I found something then I was probably the only one who could see it which would give me confidence to bet . As I say it was a lot lonelier time betting pre internet days

I agree except that this is still not always so.Most punters prefer to waste money on silly "interest" bets than use it to subscribe to RI or TF. Either can still sometimes give that little extra edge we need.

Keegans head Keegans head so your a footy man i have a dabble myself be interesting

showing you the ropes :lolsign: m8 was waiting on a fiver acca during week 9 teams both to score draw no bet did u see it on the footy forum his bet , he was almost crying stevenage ended 0-0 for 39k :mad: really really felt for him

Last edited:
Keegans head Keegans head so your a footy man i have a dabble myself be interesting

showing you the ropes :lolsign: m8 was waiting on a fiver acca during week 9 teams both to score draw no bet did u see it on the footy forum his bet , he was almost crying stevenage ended 0-0 for 39k :mad: really really felt for him
Yea I saw that very unlucky , I'll be starting a thread up for the coming season soon but I definitely won't be doing accs I'll be looking for teams that I believe are under performing results wise against teams that I think are overrated this will be half stat based with a lot of reading on clubs sites reports etc I'll be looking at singles at about 2/1 + . Iĺl be betting from the 12th Aug but will get going properly by early Sept .
I did a thread from March to May called lower league shocks on this forum if you want to see how I work .

Back