1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. There seems to be a problem with some alerts not being emailed to members. I have told the hosts and they are investigating.
    Dismiss Notice
Welcome to the UK Betting Forum. Please consider registering, it is free!

VDW hedgehog/stubble - trying to get lucky

Discussion in 'VDW' started by hedgehog, Jul 27, 2013.

Tags:
  1. hedgehog

hedgehog Mare

Hello all,

looked at 2 races but don't have sufficient time to do a decent job on either. Both would be goers.

3.35 goodwood, form horses are Ribchester, toscanini, zonderland and Churchill. Notes horses are lightning spear, Ribchester and Lancaster bomber. Common horses are just Ribchester so I'd have focused on that.

4.45 goodwood, form horses are indulged, titi makfi, three duchesses and white chocolate. Notes horses are indulged, titi makfi, argenterie and white chocolate. Common are indulged, titi makfi and white chocolate so I'd have focused on them

good luck today

2. Nellsman

Nellsman Foal

Hi @hedgehog,
    2nd and 3rd Hedgehog, you are hitting the crossbar. well done.
    regards
    nellsman.

3. hedgehog

hedgehog Mare

Thanks @Nellsman, results are pretty strange at the moment so that could just be a fluke.

Looked at the 2.25 goodwood and it's a pass. Form horses are diamonds pour moi, dubka, natural scenery, aljezeera, mmelodic motion and wild irish rose. Notes horses are endless time, natural scenery and wild irish rose. The common horses are natural scenery and wild irish rose so those would be the 2 I focused on if proceeding.

good luck tomorrow

4. Nellsman

Nellsman Foal

Hi @hedgehog,
    Goodwood 3:00 :- (1) GM Hopkins (100), (2jt) Zhui Feng, Blair House (98), (3jt) Tony Curtis, Master The World (97).
    Sorry for putting up five Hedgehog, but those are my figures and I ain't clever enough to take any out.

Good Luck today
    regards
    Nellsman

5. hedgehog

hedgehog Mare

Well done @Nellsman, you got the 1 2. Very well done.

I've looked at the 4.40 goodwood but not enough time for a proper evaluation. Form horses are al jazi, eternally, sainted, wild approach, tomyris and tundra. Notes horses are al jazi, eternally and tomyris. Those are the 3 I'd focus on if proceeding. Only al jazi and tomyris seem suited to the going

good luck today

6. hedgehog

hedgehog Mare

I got lucky today, my 3 focus horses filled the 1 2 3 and the focus horses that seemed suited to the going came 1 and 3.

I think the weather has settled into soft going so as long as it stays that way it should be easier to find winners. Given it's August I doubt the weather will stay that way for long. I suppose it all depends on the jet stream.

Good luck tomorrow

7. Nellsman

Nellsman Foal

Hi @hedgehog,
    very well done Hedgehog. good luck tomorrow.

regards
    Nellsman.

8. Nellsman

Nellsman Foal

Hi @hedgehog,
    Goodwood 1:50 :- (1) Scorching Heat (92), (2) Rasheeq (90), (3) Stellarta (89).

Good luck.
    Nellsman

9. hedgehog

hedgehog Mare

Thanks @Nellsman

looked at the 2.25 goodwood and it's a pass. Form horses are platitude, carntop, my reward, felix mendelsonne, shraaoh and getback in Paris. Note horses are arch villain, saigon city and shraaoh. The one common horse is shraaoh so if proceeding I'd focus on that. Shraaoh has run once on soft but was favouritein a high cclass handicap.

Good luck today

10. Nellsman

Nellsman Foal

Hi @hedgehog,
    Goodwood 2:25 :- (1) My Reward (96), (2jt) Shraaoh, Soldier In Action (94), (3) Blakeney Point (93).
    Goodwood Stewards Cup :- I rate only handicaps and I find it difficult to allocate ratings to horses that have performed in group races.
    Anyway here goes. (1) Sir Dancelot (105), (2) Growl (101), (3) Projection (99), (4) Eastern Impact (96).

Good Luck
    regards
    Nellsman

11. hedgehog

hedgehog Mare

Well done @Nellsman with soldier in action. Very well done.

Shraaoh just seemed to throw in the towel

12. hedgehog

hedgehog Mare

Sorry @Nellsman, you got the 1 2 in the 2.25 and a placed horse in the 3.35. Very well done

I've looked at the 5.00 Galway and it's a pass. Form horses are attribution, Mr fiftyone, ronava, Jack the wire and show and go. Note horses are attribution, Mr fiftyone and noche de reyes. Common horses are attribution and mr fiftyone so it's those 2 I'd focus on if proceeding. Both seem suited to conditions but my preference is attribution.

Good luck today

13. Nellsman

Nellsman Foal

@hedgehog,
    I forgot to ask you, what happened to your lays. You were doing well before I went off on holiday, but I haven't seen any since.

regards
    Nellsman

14. hedgehog

hedgehog Mare

Hello @Nellsman ,

To be honest life intervened and I forgot about them, I had noticed that the recent lays that the horse actually won were form horses so I was in a quandary as how to proceed. I'm a pen and paper man so have the working and will bring the lays up to date.

Looked at the 3.40 Chester and it's another pass. Form horses are zlatan and Gabriel the tiger. Note horses breakable, Calder prince and zlatan. Common horse zlatan which is okay for the conditions, has draw 1 and is a prominent horse dropping in trip which I think are good signs. Not sure how it will do though.

Good luck today

15. hedgehog

hedgehog Mare

Made a mistake in the 3.40, on checking breakable was a form horse. Very annoying

16. hedgehog

hedgehog Mare

Hello all,

Looked at the 3.45 Ripon and it's a pass. It's easier to say who aren't form horses namely Wentworth falls and art collection. Note horses are snap shots, Avon breeze and bossipop. In this race captain dion is a list horse. Not sure who will win today

Good luck today

17. hedgehog

hedgehog Mare

I got lucky there, the note horses which would all have been focused on got the 1 2.

I'm not sure if it is the unsettled weather but a lot of double figure horses are winning. It makes using the odds as a guide problematic.

Good luck tomorrow

18. hedgehog

hedgehog Mare

Hello all,

I've looked at the 7.30 cork and it's a pass. Easier to say who aren't form horses namely dragon fei, glamorous approach and tillys chilli. Note horses are flying fairies, eziyra and key to my heart so all 3 would be focused on if proceeding.

Good luck today

19. hedgehog

hedgehog Mare

Looked at the 7.20 Chelmsford and it's a pass. Form horses sagely, blind faith and heartstone. Note horses sagely, glittering jewel and heartstone. If proceeding I'd focus on sagely and heartstone

Good luck today

20. hedgehog

hedgehog Mare

Hello all,

looked at the 6.25 sligo and it's a goer but I'll see if I have time later to complete it. Form horses are bendanella, eight til late, teachers pet and eiri na casca. Note horses are eight til late, teachers pet, eiri na casca and presenting mahler. Common horses are eight til late, teachers pet and eiri na casca, if I get time I'd be focusing on those 3.

Good luck today

21. hedgehog

hedgehog Mare

I've looked at the 6.25 and got it down to eight till late and eiri na casca. I think etl will struggle on the going so my pick is eiri na casca

good luck today

22. hedgehog

hedgehog Mare

Got it down to 2 and managed to bet the wrong one!

I keep forgetting the lesson, if you get it down to 2 bet both!

Good luck tomorrow

23. hedgehog

hedgehog Mare

Hello all,

looked at the 3.50 Haydock and it's easier to say who aren't form horses namely queen in waiting, iseemist and hope solo. Note horses are sainted, futoon and shamsaya which are also the common horses so if proceeding I'd focus on them

if I have time may look at the g3 at leopardstown later

good luck today

24. hedgehog

hedgehog Mare

Looked at the 7.20 and it's a pass. Only non form horse the grey gatsby. Note horses johannes vermeer, stellar mass and Spanish steps which are all common horses which I'd focus on if proceeding.

Good luck today

25. hedgehog

hedgehog Mare

The common horses got 2 for 2 yesterday. Lucky

Looked at the 4.00 musselburgh and too few runners to do a full evaluation. Form horses are yorkidding, codeshare and Sebastian's wish. Note horses are tawdeea, yorkidding and Sebastian's wish. Common horses are yorkidding and Sebastian's wish and if proceeding I'd focus on them

Good luck today

26. hedgehog

hedgehog Mare

Thanks @markfinn

got lucky getting the winner and a short head from getting the 1 2.

good luck tomorrow

27. Nellsman

Nellsman Foal

Hi @hedgehog,
    well done.

regards
    Nellsman

28. hedgehog

hedgehog Mare

Thanks @Nellsman

looked at 2 races today but will pass on the full evaluation. Both are at Newmarket

3.05, easier to say eddystone rock is the only non form horse. Note horses are anythintoday, thundering blue and Atkinson grimshaw, all 3 are common so would be focused on if proceeding.

4.15, only the warrior and gulliver are form horses. Note horses are khamaary, war glory and gulliver. Only gulliver is common so would be focused on if proceeding

good luck today

29. hedgehog

hedgehog Mare

My common horses got the 1 2 3 in the 3.05 but that's tempered by the sole common horse in the 4.15 coming last

30. hedgehog

hedgehog Mare

Looked at the 8.00 kilbeggan and common horses are hash brown, archive and black Zambezi.

Good luck today

31. hedgehog

hedgehog Mare

I don't know why I bothered with that last race, took about 40 minutes to get the base data and was won by a horse I'd never have even considered. Another double figure horse wins, it's not even September yet!

32. hedgehog

hedgehog Mare

Hello all,

I've looked at the 4.10 curragh and it's a pass. Easier to say who aren't form horses namely moviesta, mr lupton and intelligence cross. Note horses are kimberella, Washington dc and mr scarlet, all 3 are common horses so they'd be the ones I'd focus on if proceeding.

good luck today

33. hedgehog

hedgehog Mare

Luckily a common horse won today.

I've looked at the 7.10 Windsor and it's a pass. Form horses are chiefofchiefs and don't give up. Note horses are celebration day, chiefofchiefs and don't give up. Common horses are chiefofchiefs and don't give up and those 2 are what I'd focus on if proceeding.

Good luck tomorrow

34. hedgehog

hedgehog Mare

Lucky again with another common horse winning.

35. hedgehog

hedgehog Mare

Hello all,

I've looked at the 7.40 Chelmsford and may complete a full evaluation later.

Easier to say what isn't a form horse namely boom the groom, zac brown, el astronaute and gravity flow. Note horses are mazzini, yalta and el astronaute. Common horses are mazzini and yalta so if proceeding I'd focus on those 2.

Good luck today

36. hedgehog

hedgehog Mare

Not impressed by that result. From 7 races at Chelmsford 3 were double figure odds, you'd expect 1

good luck tomorrow

37. hedgehog

hedgehog Mare

Hello all,

looked at the 6.30 gowran park and all but alluringly are form horses. Note horses are alluringly, aurora butterfly and pocketfullofdreams. Common horses are aurora butterfly and pocketfullofdreams so it's those 2 I'd focus on if proceeding

good luck today

38. hedgehog

hedgehog Mare

Alluringly wins so another blank for the common horses.

Another day, another race

39. hedgehog

hedgehog Mare

Hello all,

had some time so looked at the 3.50 Salisbury and it's a pass. Only elysian fields is not a form horse. Note horses are Lucy the painter, pacharana and notice, all 3 are common horses so if proceeding I'd focus on them

good luck today

40. hedgehog

hedgehog Mare

Looked at the 7.10 leopardstown and it's a pass. Common horses are true valour, intricately and music box

good luck