Discussion in 'Introductions' started by epidio, Aug 7, 2017.
I live in Spain but I have a Betfair Uk account.
I love trading football.
Welcome aboard @epidio
Hope you enjoy your time on the forum.
hi i am fron Spain
too, but i don't have a Betfair Uk account...
@madrid2525 I think Betfair is licensed/legal in Spain so should be possible to use it, depends on what kind of betting/trading you do as to whether it's best for you I guess compared to bitcoin etc:
yes, but there are a few money matched. For instance, in La Liga at the beggining of the match there are only 2.000 euros average in the 1-x-2 market.
And the fee that we have to pay is not the 5% but 6,5 ¡¡¡
Urgh yeah that's not good-didn't know the base rate of commission was higher over there either. Maybe not Betfair then!
friend, where are you from? from UK?
@madrid2525 yeah, the UK-I'm grateful for that where gambling's concerned as we're lucky over here with not having to pay tax on betting winnings like in some places, unless you count exchange commission and premium charges
tell if there are people from abroad that go to UK to stablish and work betting. Does Uk atract people for this cause?
I'd be cautious about recommending doing that, do you mean coming over to be a professional bettor/trader (I'm not, by the way) or working for a bookmaker etc?
to be a bettor.
I do not have assets in Spain nor family, so i wouldn't lose too much. Maybe it can be a good experience to spread my wings (something changes are necessary).
In Spain...bettors don't speak about betting industry, there is a lot of silence. We need a spanish forum where this topics sill be treated.
There are a lot of alternatives:
+brokers are assianconnect
Please, the next info is very important: In UK are there lawyers,barristers, agent who treat about betting topics?
Is there organization,groups of bettors who talk about this topics and get together?
@madrid2525 I think myself and any other forum members would need to know quite a lot more as to whether we could honestly say whether it was going to work for you, like:
1.Do you know what your edge is? Also what do you bet on? Pre-event, in-play?
2. How much of a bankroll do you have? (you don't have to give a precise figure just an approximation)
3. Would you be trading on prices or betting normally? Traders and bettors work very differently
4. How are you planning to get your money into the market if betting rather than trading? UK books will limit you very quickly, we don't have Pinnacle and you'll only find enough liquidity on Betfair in the major markets to bet full-time (so if you specialise in smaller markets you'll have trouble) also you'd need to take account of the commission and premium charge
5. Bit of a personal question but can you definitely deal with losing runs and the pressure of betting to make a living? Have you dealt with losing runs before when using more than casual bettor size stakes?
6. Do you have a job at the moment, is your betting part time currently?
Separate names with a comma.