• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Hi Guest
    I have made some behind the scenes changes.
    I have found and hopefully fixed a problem that stopped members uploading files.
    Please let me know if you spot any other problems like not being able to view threads that you could previously.
  • Hi Guest, The forum software has been updated!
    Please let me know if you spot anything that isn't working as expected.
    I hope you find your way around OK!!!
    Have a great Christmas Guest.
    Best Wishes
    Ark Royal
  • There seems to be a problem with some alerts not being emailed to members. I have told the hosts and they are investigating.

Inform Trainer and Jockey System Test

This system has performed reasonably well in some limited back testing and is built on some simple and sound logic so I will post the selections up here to track their progress. In a nutshell we are looking for an inform trainer matched up with an inform jockey. It has been throwing up between 1-3 selections a day so far with a decent strike rate so we'll track it in here and see how it performs over the next few weeks. As per usual for the purposes of tracking performance, I will run a 100pt bank and back all selections for 1pt to win.

Cheers,
SIG

Last edited:
Another interesting thread @SIG what time scale do use? HRB have 2yr Jockey/Trainer comparison, but you can also have 14 day Jockey etc.
Hi @Jack Dawkins It is currently only looking at 14 day stats as those performed best in the limited test this has had. I am hoping to expand on this in time and start tracking 30, 60, and 90 day plus stats but that is a work in progress for now.

Cheers,
SIG

21st April

Four selections for tomorrow, all the same trainer / jockey combo (T: J Gosden / J: L Dettori)

3.05 Newbury - Shutterspeed - 1pt win @ 5/4
3.40 Newbury - Gracious Diana - 1pt win @ 9/1
4.10 Newbury - Chessman - 1pt win @ 7/4
5.40 Newbury - Poana - 1pt win @ 9/2

Cheers,
SIG

Its a sound approach for strike rate but as you would expect can lead to over betting, especially given the rise in App betting which tends to highlight such easily found stats. In my view for what its worth its better to find an angle that is less well known. Of course you could counter that with a staking plan but I am not a fan of plans that turn losing systems into money machines.

Its a sound approach for strike rate but as you would expect can lead to over betting, especially given the rise in App betting which tends to highlight such easily found stats. In my view for what its worth its better to find an angle that is less well known. Of course you could counter that with a staking plan but I am not a fan of plans that turn losing systems into money machines.
100% agree @GLYCERINE it isn't a unique angle at all. It was a neat feature I discovered on my new ratings program and I thought I would track it's performance for a few weeks. I have back tested it against over two months worth of data and I have a fair idea now exactly how it performs now...

And why would you not be a fan of a money making machine???

Cheers,
SIG

21st April

All the same trainer / jockey combo (T: J Gosden / J: L Dettori)

3.05 Newbury - Shutterspeed - 1pt win @ 5/4 1ST :handgestures-thumbup:
3.40 Newbury - Gracious Diana - 1pt win @ 4/1 1ST :handgestures-thumbup:
4.10 Newbury - Chessman - 1pt win @ 7/4 2ND
5.40 Newbury - Poana - 1pt win @ 9/2 LOST

Cheers,
SIG