• Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a 20% discount on Inform Racing.
    Simply enter the coupon code ukbettingform when subscribing here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Inform Racing so help is always available if needed.
    Best Wishes
    AR
  • Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

Jock Bingham "Ultimate Conclusion"

formtheory

Stallion
Hi Everyone,

Does anybody know about Jock Binghams "Ultimate Conclusion"

I have read his other books but not heard of this?

Thanks
Paul.

Hi Paul

I think it was published in cooperation from a Chap who lived on the Isle Of Man and was quite a costly publication

Good Luck

Chesham

Hi Chesham,
Thankyou for replying, I take it that it's rare as I cannot find any info other than what you have told me.

I do not think it is going to be possible to get hold of a copy?

Do you know anything about the contents?
Does anybody else?

Cheers
Paul.

Hi Paul

if I remember correctly I had something in the post after purchasing one of his self published books, but never bothered as I thought the examples were back fitted.

Good Luck

Chesham

Hi Formtheory (again) - looks like I'm becoming your personal stalker.....:crazy:
Just found this on my hard drive - I thought I had something somewhere.....:dance2:

Jock Bingham’s The Ultimate Conclusion

RACES TO CONSIDER

3yo + graded handicaps up to 16 runners-flat.

Graded handicap chases up to 16 runners up to 9yo N.H.

1m4f maximum race distance flat.

2m4f minimum race distance N.H.

Start with the highest class (value to winner divided by 100) race L.T.O. (horses 4yo=7yo flat).

Look for 1st; 2nd; or 3rd in any of the last three races - use most recent race.

Check if the official OR for the current race is the same or lower than the race in which it was placed 1st; 2nd; or 3rd.

Check if the class of the current race is the same or lower than the race in which it was placed and showed form.

Check now to see if the horse is carrying more weight than the race in which it showed form.

Check if the form was achieved at today’s distance or further.

Check if the horse is a distance winner.

Form 1st 2nd 3rd only valid from class 30 or higher no novice chases/hurdles.

L.T.O. must have been a class 45 or higher.

RACES TO IGNORE

Rated stakes handicaps, claiming handicaps, novice handicaps.

No heavy going or patches.

Don't know where I got it from, or any more detail than this - haven't really looked at it or given any thought about what it's about.

Hope you find it of use!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I subscribed to Mr Bingham's "Ultimate Conclusion" odds to phone service. The actual results of the selection's that I recieved did not come close to the strike rate, claimed, in the flyer. I think I may have posted on Gummy's forum that I thought Jock Bingham may have been dutching certain races and giving one of the dutched selections out on his odd's to service, thereby giving him a free bet and a bigger edge.

I subscribed to Mr Bingham's "Ultimate Conclusion" odds to phone service. The actual results of the selection's that I recieved did not come close to the strike rate, claimed, in the flyer. I think I may have posted on Gummy's forum that I thought Jock Bingham may have been dutching certain races and giving one of the dutched selections out on his odd's to service, thereby giving him a free bet and a bigger edge.

He Ended up taking his own life

Chesham Chesham,
Yes , I remember reading that. I had sent a cheque to him for another system, but I never recieved it. Then I read that he had taken his own life. I didn't want to trouble his relatives / executors by seeking a refund. JB's pointing out of the importance of the highest winning class, certainly added to my knowlege though.

He Ended up taking his own life
Did he crikey. I have most of the VDW booklet' a and it has taught me a lot with regard to horse selection.

I also bought Jack Binghams booklets but never subscribed to his service at all. Purely because I have to say I smelt a rat. Seems I was right to avoid.

Further to this threadTony Peach in his Racing Titbits mag dated Aug 10, 2001, hD THIS TO SAY:

"Jock approached me some years ago to say he thought he had enough information on the VDW methodology for me to write a book for him. As a result of that Jock visited me and we produced 'Four Ways to Win'.
The next book we wrote was 'Be a Winner - Back Methodology Not Kidology', but I was not happy about the direction Jock was taking regrading the punters, although I had earlier offered to take him in with me and Moss Publications. In the end I sent copies I had back to him and called it a day. He had decided he could make more money giving tips to punters despite my telling him that if they were so good he could make more money backing them himself.....he moved on to asking four figure sums from those who wanted to buy his VDW method from him. He telephoned me asking if I would edit 'Valiant Warrior' for him, but I declined, although I still believe that 'Four Ways to Win' was a good little book to use with the VDW methodology."
(An extra item follows, which I will post if anyone is interested, "Here is part of a letter he sent me with his explanation of a way of evaluating horses and trainers....).

Valiant Warrior was easy to figure out

The "Bus Driver" should be in context with VDW suggesting that it would be a good exercise to get to know a handful of Trainers, to watch and see how they placed their runners and getting to know when one of their runners had a live chance.

This was an email that I sent to a chum in 2009 the Races below were what VDW Described as being the best and next best bets of the day

I have been aware that some of the selection that VDW included in the Jock Bingham book had a Deja Vu element. (Of course there will be stronger reasons why they would be bets for VDW )

Travado

Peterborough Chase (Class A) Grade 1993
LTO Race = Plymouth Gin Haldon Gold Challenge Cup Chase

Peterborough Chase (Class A) Grade 2 21/11/95
LTO Race Plymouth Gin Haldon Gold Challenge Cup Chase

Ever Smile
Philip Barnard Memorial Conditional Jockeys´ Handicap Hurdle 1993 finished 5th
Philip Barnard Memorial Conditional Jockeys´ Handicap Hurdle (Class E) 1996 won

Valiant warrior

« 2:30 » Newcastle Building Society Handicap Chase (Class B)
(Class 2) (0-140, 5yo+) 2m4f Good To Soft 16 fences 18th Feb 1995 finished 2nd

« 3:00 » Newcastle Building Society Handicap Chase (Class B)
(Class 2) (0-140, 5yo+) 2m4f Good To Soft 14 fences 2 omitted, 1996 won

Trainers are by and large creatures of habit and follow similar paths year in and year out.

1) Some know the best races for certain horses as they have trained their relatives (Breeding and confirmation)

2) some target the same race if they have the right horse for that race. If its a handicap they wil try and hide the the true handicap mark.

3) This is where the concept comes in, some trainers will try a horse out in the race and then return in the future and try to win the race with the same horse.

Does the concept work

Posted Pre Race on The Blog

B2A72035-D4BB-4B92-B5BB-BFC408A2EDE5.jpeg

Back