• Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

Justice for punters org.

You probably bet on a horse that several Banks account holders were wanting to back blackcat blackcat Geoff talks a good game and his blog is a good read but the bottom line is that he's in the business of taking punters money off them.

I've posted over on justiceforpunters and the reply was that I've probably been caught up in the crossfire over a few people have had their accounts suspended re some promotional discrepancy

blackcat blackcat Re Banks required verification..............The truth of it is that under Law a bookmaker has no need to see bank statements or passport photos etc.It is a total piddle take and something which JFP are working on via actual meetings with the GC to get changed.Fair dues i do still have a profitable account with him ,used infrequently but was never made to jump through hoops when withdrawing winnings.Perhaps his MO in this respect has recently changed.

Account Verification and Identification Required for UK Online Bookmakers | Online Betting UK

Morning Mick - Basically its about hiding behind the money laundering laws - anyone who has tried to open a bank account recently will know the hoops that you have to jump through - The fact that only require proof of identity when paying out - ie not when depositing - says a lot about how successful they expect punters to be - which is zero expectation of paying out any meaningful sums. I thought Banks was better than this - but who knows

I should think most punters don't bother to withdraw.
In my case if it was that unexpected 6000 euro bonanza five years ago, or the 500 I won on Greek election day in 2015 (!) I would. But who cares about small sums ? We keep them in so we play.
That of course is music to the ears of the bookies.

Account Verification and Identification Required for UK Online Bookmakers | Online Betting UK

Morning Mick - Basically its about hiding behind the money laundering laws - anyone who has tried to open a bank account recently will know the hoops that you have to jump through - The fact that only require proof of identity when paying out - ie not when depositing - says a lot about how successful they expect punters to be - which is zero expectation of paying out any meaningful sums. I thought Banks was better than this - but who knows
Cheers Mark and the following copied from your link confirms..........................The precise ID methods vary between operators, some ask for much more than others. At the most basic level you will be asked for your name, a UK registered address and a payment method. If your payment method is a UK bank account registered at the same address then it is highly likely that this may be all that you need to provide. The betting site will then cross check your address against the electoral roll, if you are registered at this address then your account should be verified.

account reactivated and no apology just said they were complying with new GC guidelines! Bollox they accused me of cheating !

account reactivated and no apology just said they were complying with new GC guidelines! Bollox they accused me of cheating !
Comply with GC guidelines when it suits and delay or refuse to pay winnings or even take a bet when it suits.The current B365 case underlines the fact that all punters should come together and the JFP Org is the best way to do so.I read recently that there are four million active UK punters and just 1% of us acting as one would greatly increase the chance of much needed changes.

The treatment i have received from Bookmakers i have taken personal and i am not laying down for it, and i would urge all to start thinking likewise because the chance increases that you could be next.!

I have important issue here.
I 'm going to wait one more day, then I will write here about it or in the other forum.
Maybe you can advise.

theyve emailed me again in answer to my initial reaction ie complaint, they say they have every right to request said documents but ive replied saying that wasnt the issue they had accused me of being in breach of promotional offer terms and conditions! they didnt like my twitter comments either!

theyve emailed me again in answer to my initial reaction ie complaint, they say they have every right to request said documents but ive replied saying that wasnt the issue they had accused me of being in breach of promotional offer terms and conditions! they didnt like my twitter comments either!
Well done you because the one thing they do not like when they mess on us is for many others to be informed.I still do not get this twitter- facebook thing but increasingly it appears the way to get a message across.

heres a couple of tweets to geoff.

im in total shock at you, youre supposed to defend us and yet you suspend my account , i opened this week with small money , one losing bet.

1. who are all these anonymous tweeters on my timeline? Can anyone tell me why they feel need to be anonymous? Perhaps they are film stars

2 replies0 retweets1 like
karen rimmer‏@krimmer2
Replying to @geoffbanksbet
well im not anonymous! and youve suspended my account for no reason at all! some promotion thing? one bet one loser and im history...

he's even now on twitter insinuating that men are using wife / partner account as he says, " most girly accounts have the whiff of him in bonus land " unbelievably sexist :eek:

he's even now on twitter insinuating that men are using wife / partner account as he says, " most girly accounts have the whiff of him in bonus land " unbelievably sexist :eek:
I think less likely to obtain any bonus but more so just to get a bet taken.Some deploy sophisticated tracking software seeking any connections between restricted customers and new accounts.I have found that female helpers opening an account often receive a lower max take out at the start than males so yes sexist and yet another piddle take ,law break ? which they are allowed to getaway with.

I copy the below from the JFP site.Posted by the principle while helping a punter to get his money back.

When you begin to pursue things they are likely to quote terms and conditions to you that justify their actions. These probably would not stand-up in a court of law, so just ignore them. Feel free to tell them that you are in contact with us. This is not certain to help, but we are finding that companies know they cannot just 'walk all over' people if we are involved.

I believe the way technology has progressed through the years worked against the punters.
In the 19th century who would use a tote ?
If a bookmaker said give me your money and I 'm going to divide it proportionately, they would n't buy. They 'd say he was a cheat.
If he said I 'm paying 5 to 2 then of course you 'd believe - given that the bookie possessed a modicum of reputation.
Eventually the bookie model more or less prevailed, even though in the meantime the Australians invented the totalizator.
But the type of problem discussed here is the result of the absence of accurate bet matching and nothing else.
There should be a law to force all those companies make their platforms technology compatible, giving them the necessary time to adjust. So it's a political issue.
Other than that they should of course continue to cooperate with BHA, FA, Michel Platini to find the real match fixers.

An interesting read on the JFP forum.A member was under paid by £225 because Corals deducted the wrong R4 amounts. Basically using the n/r prices at time of announcement when there own rules state it should be done via the prices at the time the bet was accepted. When the customer pointed this out to them he got no joy so took it to the IBAS who found in his favor and the £225 owed has now been paid.

As he noted how many other customers have been short changed in this way and how much are they owed. ?

As he noted how many other customers have been short changed in this way and how much are they owed. ?

Happened to me a few week ago, just basically ignore you.
Law unto themselves bunch of legalised thieves.

Thank you for requesting to chat live at Ladbrokes. We will be with you shortly.
Samuel: All feedback is appreciated, please CLICK HERE at the end of our chat session to fill out a quick feedback survey!

Hi, you are speaking to Samuel in the Sports department, how can I help you today?
Player28643: why have I been charged 50p in the pound on my r4 in race 16.45 @ Ling
Samuel: Bear with me one moment please whilst I check your account.
Samuel: Can you confirm your bet number from the race16.45 @ Ling?
Player28643: O/0189976/0001458
Samuel: Thank you. I'll look into this for you.
Samuel: Thank you for waiting.
Samuel: I have reviewed your bet, There was a dead heat between 1st place and a Rule 4 deduction for 4 horses being a non-runner. Which was why there was a 50p charge.
Player28643: it wasnt a dead heat
Samuel: My apologies, no there was no dead heat.
Samuel: But the Rule 4 of 50p was applied, Which was correctly paid out at £81.25.
Player28643: R4 pre 7.15.50 40p
Player28643: r4 4 pre 8.28.27 20p my bet was placed at 7.26.32 so r4 @ 20p was applicable
Samuel: I understand due to the time the bet was placed, I will then forward this bet to be reviewed again regarding to the rule 4.
Samuel: I have sent the bet over for further review between my supervisor and settlement team, This can take some time before they can respond back to us.
Player28643: its ok Ill wait
Samuel: It can take anytime from the next 30 minutes to a few hours. I have made notes to this, You can come back onto live chat for the update/ confirmation of the settlement by then.
Samuel: But Is there anything else I can help you with today ?
Player28643: what is the conversation number to quote
Samuel: The session ID is 62987577351.

The problem is always that customer care are the cannon fodder.Needs must i can be tenacious but whenever i have been subjected to pathetic account restrictions i have never been able to get past CC and engage directly with the so called head of trading who has made this decision.Imo the latter are cowards who hide behind the CC skirts.

Hi Mick
In my case its only £18.75 but do this on a regular basis over all your clients and It works out to be a pretty penny:mad:
Are the R4's posted up anywhere by a reglatory body or are they just left up to the bookie ad hoc.
as far as I know only B365 give you the info.

Back