• Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

Musings from a Muppet

Thanks guys, I've been considering things from a different angle as regards the backing side of things. Backing e/w even at smaller prices is something I've been looking at, along with multiples of no more than three at small stakes. As with all things it's all about bank management but hey, preaching to the converted here!

Thanks for your interest guys.

13 races considered for tomorrow which under the spotlight comes down to five.

Beverley 2:30 Incomparable 12/1
Beverley 3:00 Cadeaux Pearl 9/2
Beverley 4:30 Naoise 9/2

All backed e/w with smaller stakes to the e/w trixie.

Fairyhouse 7:00 Slipper Orchid 5/1
Haydock 4:40 Bollihope 9/4

Both backed singularly to win in lieu of the field sizes.

Slipper Orchid finished second but never nearer than at the finish.

It's been an amazing two days and has gone better than I had hoped. Not under any illusions it's likely to continue in the same vein. That being said, it's not going to deter me from trying. My bank for this has grown substantially, the trick of course is to continue to manage said bank and not to piss it all away. The difficulty, because it's not a system as much as a method and there is some interpretation involved is to not overthink the selections.

For Thursday

Newbury 5:35 Automotive 10/1, Dakota City 16/1. Happy to back them both e/w at the prices tho any non runner would significantly bugger up the place chance.

Leopardstown 6:00 Tanaza 9/2
Leopardstown 6:30 Sunglider 7/2
Small fields but backed both each way and with a small stakes e/w double.

Haydock 6:50 Nolecce 6/1. Backed e/w

Narrowed down to just six races in the end.

Chepstow 6:20 Striding Out 8/1 e/w
Chepstow 6:55 Priors Brook 13/8 win
Chepstow 9:10 Aaman 12/1 e/w
small stakes e/w Trixie.

Sandown 2:40 Black Cherry 8/1 e/w
Sandown 3:50 Chain of Events 8/1 e/w
Small stakes e/w double

York 3:40 Regal Dan 6/1 e/w

Last edited:
Time will tell. Unfortunately no way of backing checking the results even though I research it through HRB as its interpretation based so at least it's not the end of the world if I miss a day or two. Obviously don't want to get carried away based on a few days profit, overbet and risk the bank. For all those times ive started something and hit the first post curse with a loser, maybe all my winners came in a few days and actually it's nothing better than all the other efforts that have gone by the wayside. It's nice to get a bit of money in the kitty early doors though so I'm not going to complain. Like I said , time will tell. Thanks for your interest mlmrob mlmrob this forum has been good(to) for me, it would be nice to keep giving a few winners back.

Narrowed down to just six races in the end.

Chepstow 6:20 Striding Out 8/1 e/w
Chepstow 6:55 Priors Brook 13/8 win
Chepstow 9:10 Aaman 12/1 e/w
small stakes e/w Trixie.

Sandown 2:40 Black Cherry 8/1 e/w
Sandown 3:50 Chain of Events 8/1 e/w
Small stakes e/w double

York 3:40 Regal Dan 6/1 e/w

Wow! Sigster Sigster your are on fire, Black Cherry wins at 10/1 :clap::clap::clap:

Back