1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. There seems to be a problem with some alerts not being emailed to members. I have told the hosts and they are investigating.
    Dismiss Notice
Welcome to the UK Betting Forum. Please consider registering, it is free!

My horse !

Discussion in 'Chat' started by dave58, Nov 21, 2014.

1. dave58

dave58 Administrator

Latest is the trainer is looking at several options, I'm being overloaded with emails but he won't be running until Monday at the earliest, and that looks like a big step up to me. Will keep you all updated .

Ronald Shaw, mlmrob, OnTheNod and 5 others like this.
  2. dave58

dave58 Administrator

He's running in the 3:00 Pontefract tomorrow. Will hear from the trainer in the morning, so will keep you updated, he's currently 7/2 second favourite, so hopefully should get an each way price on betfair.

I mentioned him to our friends out here and most have given me money to invest on him, since we've been here word has got round and we seem to have acquired a fair number of new friends !

Last edited: Oct 2, 2016
    OnTheNod, Ronald Shaw, Graeme and 7 others like this.
  3. dave58

dave58 Administrator

Just heard from the trainer. RR is fit and well, this is a step up in class and it's difficult to know how good he is as he just seems to do enough each time, but he hopes he will be competitive at this level.
    He suggests a value price is 7/2

tonyafc, NigelRG, Chesham and 3 others like this.
  4. simon boardman

simon boardman Mare

dave58 likes this.
  5. Chesham

Chesham Sire

Daves horse will probably pick up another handicap, he just bumped into one today and I think the BHA Handicapper will not put RR up, but use him as a Benchmark to Rate Blair

blackcat, simon boardman and dave58 like this.
  6. dave58

dave58 Administrator

I'm certainly more than happy, I never thought I would have an interest in a horse running at such a level !

blackcat, tonyafc, OnTheNod and 4 others like this.
  7. TheBluesBrother

TheBluesBrother Gelding

@dave58

I looked at Rainbow Rebel's race yesterday, and on my figures he was always going to finish second behind Blair House,
    what a nice horse you have...

RainbowRebel.png

Mike.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2016
    Jimbo, dave58, NigelRG and 2 others like this.
  8. dave58

dave58 Administrator

Rainbow Rebel is out again tomorrow in the 3:50 Nottingham. Trainers comments; the trip is ideal and the low weight a positive ,and he expects him to give his best, but it's a competitive race and he would be very happy if he were to finish in the first 3.
    He suggests a value price to be 13/2 (currently forecast 9/2).

I'm having my usual small e/w bet (he owes me nothing!!), reading between the lines I think a place would be taken as a brilliant result.

OnTheNod, nicksar, NigelRG and 2 others like this.
  9. mick

mick Dam

@dave58 I have just been backing Emerald @ 12/1 but if i am wrong i will be well pleased to see Rainbow win he has done you proud.

nicksar and dave58 like this.
  10. dave58

dave58 Administrator

Cheers @mick , all the time I've had a stake in him he's yet to show up on any of my systems, so I've yet to put the house on him . Having said that I'm still well in profit from backing him, so no complaints from me if yours does the biz tomorrow !

NigelRG, nicksar and mick like this.
  11. mick

mick Dam

Congrats on a fine 2nd placing.;)

dave58 likes this.
  12. dave58

dave58 Administrator

Latest

Further to yesterday's declaration update, which confirmed Rainbow Rebel is declared to run in the 4:55 at Doncaster tomorrow (Friday 21 October), please see below Mark Johnston's pre-race comments and our value price:

Mark Johnston says that Rainbow Rebel is well. He says that this looks like another competitive race, but he expects Rainbow Rebel to run well although it would be a big ask to win a race such as this after a pretty busy spell.

We believe a value price to be 13/2.

nicksar, tonyafc, mlmrob and 5 others like this.
  13. dave58

dave58 Administrator

He's entered into the November Handicap on Saturday !

I don't know whether he's actually going to run, and I can't imagine he'll have much of a chance if he does, but I'm well chuffed at how far he's progressed. Never thought when Carol bought me this for my birthday that we would get to this level !;

OnTheNod, NigelRG, Graeme and 3 others like this.
  14. mick

mick Dam

Just getting a run in such a race is a great achievement enjoy feeling chuffed.;)

OnTheNod, Graeme and dave58 like this.
  15. nicksar

nicksar Mare

@dave58 RR has certainly been a brilliant Birthday present....as @mick says getting a run in this race is a fantastic bonus.
    Also thought it worth mentioning that a week or two ago the pundits on WH radio mentioned receiving a photo from a lady named Caroline who also has a share.....she had sent the photo in to prove she wasn't "Dave from Tenerife" made me chuckle.:)

16. dave58

dave58 Administrator

Not to be, never mind

Rainbow Rebel was declared to run in the 3:35 at Doncaster on Saturday 5 November, but as the field size limit for this race is 23 runners, Rainbow Rebel was eliminated and did NOT get in the race. To confirm, Rainbow Rebel does NOT run at Doncaster this Saturday and will now head off for a well-deserved break

17. dave58

dave58 Administrator

Rainbow Rebel is entered in the 4:15 at Leicester on Friday, the trainer will make the decision to run him or not on Wednesday.
    Will keep you posted

18. elmoputney

elmoputney Mare

Good luck @dave58 had some nice game wins last year, think there is more to come from RR, hope you have a great season with him and give the bookies hell :handgestures-thumbup::happy-wavemulticolor:

dave58 likes this.
  19. Ferdy

Ferdy Colt

Good luck.

dave58 likes this.
  20. dave58

dave58 Administrator

He's not been declared, the trainer reckons he can find a more suitable race

NigelRG, OnTheNod and nicksar like this.
  21. dave58

dave58 Administrator

Two entries next Thursday at Chester , in the Class 2 at 1:50 and the Class 3 at 5:05.
    Declarations Tuesday, so will keep you posted.
    I'm actually in the country at present staying with Marian (who those who came on the forum outings may remember) and we're planning a day or two to the races, but I think Chester is a bit of a trek !

mick, NigelRG, ArkRoyal and 3 others like this.
  22. dave58

dave58 Administrator

Two more entries, Friday 12th May in the 7:40 Ripon and Saturday 13th May in the 2:15 Ascot (both class 3)

23. dave58

dave58 Administrator

Latest news, he's not running tomorrow but Fridays engagement looks favourite as it's a smaller field. Reading between the lines of the email he's not necessarily expected to win, it's seen as a nice race to open the seasons campaign.
    I will get a message nearer the time so will keep you posted.

24. ArkRoyal

ArkRoyal Administrator

Nice one Dave, hope it goes well.

NigelRG and dave58 like this.
  25. dave58

dave58 Administrator

Update

Rainbow Rebel is declared to run in the following race:

Friday 12 May
    7:40 Ripon - SIS Handicap (Class 3) 1m 2f

There are seven runners and PJ McDonald is booked to ride. Rainbow Rebel is drawn in stall seven.

Mark Johnston says Rainbow Rebel is in good form ahead of his first assignment on the year, and has been working well. Mark feels Rainbow Rebel will improve for his first run of the season, but conditions should suit him at Ripon and he hopes he will run well in a competitive race.

Our view: This is pretty competitive, with Swift Emperor likely to start favourite. He won his penultimate start at Newcastle over a mile, and is stepping up in trip from a career-high mark today after finishing fourth in the competitive Spring Mile at Doncaster's Lincoln meeting. Both he and Lincoln Rocks are yet to win over as far as 1m2f, and Lincoln Rocks is like Rainbow Rebel in that she enjoyed a successful 2016 campaign. She has kept going up in the weights, but is a tough and consistent filly and should run well. Hail Claudius is up 2lbs after running really well at Doncaster last time for his new yard, and could run well again today. Rainbow Rebel is 8lbs higher than when he last won, but he is a tough and consistent character, who we hope could be able to finish in the first three if he's at his best.

We suggest a value price for Rainbow Rebel to be 9/2.

Badge booking has closed for this race.

Rainbow Rebel also has a new entry:

Wednesday 17 May
    2.20 York - The Sky Bet Special Handicap (class 2), 1m 2f.

Blimey, entered into a Class 2 next ? !

I'm just having my usual fiver each way on him, but I think I'm also holding a load of bets on him from our new pals in Tenerife, so that's a few more tenners going on him - hope he starts the season well or I'll have to get myself a bar job !

Chesham, markfinn and Ronald Shaw like this.
  26. markfinn

markfinn Mare

Hi Dave I looked at this race Imshivalla looks to have strong claim on this prize although it pays to be wary of all 4 year olds at this time of year

upload_2017-5-11_18-25-44.png

Chesham and dave58 like this.
  27. dave58

dave58 Administrator

Thanks @markfinn , I did get the impression he's not expected to win this one, but the class 2 entry muddies the waters a bit ?

Chesham, markfinn and nicksar like this.
  28. nicksar

nicksar Mare

Good luck with RR @dave58 hope the horse runs well.....I don't get the C2 entry for York next Wednesday though?,unless RR has improved significantly over the winter (which is possible).

dave58 likes this.
  29. NigelRG

NigelRG Dam

Good luck tomorrow @dave58 :handgestures-thumbup::handgestures-thumbup::handgestures-thumbup:.

Nige

dave58 likes this.
  30. Donny

Donny Yearling

Good Luck Dave,
    Hail clodius put in a good run LTO and would be my selection but what do i know.
    Donny.

dave58 likes this.
  31. dave58

dave58 Administrator

He's out again (but probably another run to get him race-fit)

DECLARATION UPDATE

Rainbow Rebel

Rainbow Rebel is declared to run in the following race:

Sunday 21 May
    3:40 Ripon - Yorkshire's Garden Racecourse Handicap (Class 2) 1m 1f

There are ten runners and Joe Fanning is booked to ride. Rainbow Rebel has been drawn in stall 4.

Mark Johnston thinks that Rainbow Rebel has improved since his first run of the season, also at Ripon, nine days ago. Mark thinks this is a competitive race, but hopes Rainbow Rebel will run better this time, as his fitness should have improved.

Our View: This is a tough race, containing plenty of in-form horses. Knight Owl won first time out at Newmarket last season, and is partnered by a useful 5lb claimer. Weekend Offender also appeals, as he is very consistent and should be fitter this time after finishing third at Nottingham recently. Gurkha Friend has stamina limitations over this distance, while Empress Ali and Briardale are both competing from 6lbs higher than their last races. Rainbow Rebel was dropped 1lb after his last race, and conditions should suit him, but he will need a personal best to go close.

We suggest a value price to be 12/1.

Badge booking deadline: TODAY, 3pm
    Race code: 004 21 05 17 1

Rainbow Rebel also holds the following entries:

Tuesday 23 May
    2:40 Newcastle - Gospelware Handicap (Class 4) 1m 2f

The declaration date for this race is Sunday 21 May.

Badge booking deadline: Monday 22 May, 3pm
    Race code: 004 23 05 17 1

Thursday 25 May
    8.00 Chelmsford - The Tote Handicap (Class 2), 1m2f.

The declaration date for this race is Tuesday 23 May. Race Code to follow if Rainbow Rebel is declared

NigelRG, OnTheNod, jammy54 and 2 others like this.
  32. iloveapunt

iloveapunt Foal

:hi:@dave58
    I've put RR's race through my mincer and this is what came out.
    RR is a pretty consistent horse but may lack the class to win this. It's also nowhere near the recommended price of 12/1. This could be attributed to the fancied non-runner though. Could still be a good place only bet. My idea of the winner? Possibly Snoano.
    :handgestures-thumbup:

dave58 likes this.
  33. dave58

dave58 Administrator

Thanks @iloveapunt .

Bearing in mind the trainers comments I'm going to have a watching brief (but I will be watching and cheering him on !)

34. iloveapunt

iloveapunt Foal

I'm sorry I looked at this race now :sorry:
    The market was the best guide.

dave58 likes this.
  35. dave58

dave58 Administrator

A respectable fourth place for Rainbow

OnTheNod, NigelRG and mick like this.
  36. wolfetone

wolfetone Colt

@dave58. That was a promising run again from your lad. For what it is worth my view is that he is almost too consistent for his own good, a real trier. He needs just a bi t of relief from the handicapper, say down to 84 or below, 9 or 10 furlongs on good or softer, and then I would need a good reason not to back him. He may need to run down the field on his next couple of runs and then he is just the sort to pop up in a ice little handicap up north somewhere. He is doing you proud, mate.

NigelRG, dave58 and mick like this.
  37. dave58

dave58 Administrator

Thanks for that @wolfetone , appreciate an honest assessment

NigelRG likes this.
  38. dave58

dave58 Administrator

Running tomorrow guys !
    Trainers comments etc

Mark Johnston says he is very happy with Rainbow Rebel. Mark says that the ground is currently good to soft, but he is not worried if it goes softer, as Rainbow Rebel is proven in very soft ground. Mark says that this race does not look as competitive as the Zetland Gold Cup at Redcar last time out and, therefore, feels he should go close.

mlmrob, OnTheNod, ArkRoyal and 3 others like this.