• Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

REWIRED

Good morning each,

some will know me, some wont, some will wish they didn't, some will be glad they do :p

I am entering what should be the summer of my life now and this sport of kings has given me a very pleasurable time of things, if not always profitable, still that's the way the cookie can crumble I guess.

If I where a racehorse I suppose I would describe myself as talented but quirky, I used to post often but I made myself ill with a move, toddler, living with the in laws, wife due, and a very demanding job and everybody has a limit on what they can handle, not a weakness but a limit.

I have since gone a long way to concentrate on my well being and looked at my entire life as a result, I know appreciate things more, am tee total and your realise who your friends are, I have a new found faith and I now very rarely sit in front of the tv and watch any racing, I go when time allows, I still like a bet, but its family first. so if you like my head lass has but the hood on and the next step would be the knackers yard. :(

I now spend no more than 30 mins on the horses a day and its normally last thing at night when the kids or in bed or am before they awake and all hell breaks loose.

we are now moving into the prime time to bet imho june-sept so I thought I would post for a month once a day with my picks from different methods I use and hopefully see where we end up.

I started today with a £2000k bank and I am betting to tenners, I use bog where I can but in the interest of fairness I will use bfsp on here assumed 5% commission as I feel this is a fairer way of doing things.

I use sunday mornings to update results and I hope you enjoy

Frank

Monday 1st of June
  1. 7.55 athletic & tamayur star both bfsp
  2. 6.55 divine law 9/2
  3. 7.40 cisco boy 6/1
    6.55 no dilusion 9/4
  4. 7.10 best trip 4/1
    7.40 get knotted 3/1
    8.10 roccos delight 5/2
  5. 3.20 flying fantasy 3 point win 3/1
  6. 3.20 laurence 11/4 and flying fantasy 3/1
    4.25 outlaw torn 5/2
    7.25 eastern impact 6/1

Hi Franktheform Franktheform I fully appreciate what you’re saying as this month I hit 4yrs off 80 and I'm also finding the pace a little too hectic and am looking to cool things down. Too many bets start to become somewhat irksome, too many do I or don't I based on we all just hate missing a big winner.

My main focus is towards Lay bets and feeling comfortable with my level of liability, the Lay bets come at a slower pace, one a day would be just great.

Nige

Last edited:
I think you inspire a lot of us on here Franktheform Franktheform and being here in the depths of a betting forum its a good idea to have an overhaul every now and then especially when things take a turn. Its a being realistic trait just like being adaptable to change and theres no point marching on relentlessly if your not following a tried and tested system. I'm going to use the summer footie break to get right back to basics and get stuck into doing some matched betting in a disciplined manner

Thank you all very much for taking the time and effort to reply, I ended up with three winners on the day but the timeform site seems to be down so I cant give you the returns, but with 2 non runners I laid out 13 points and I reckon a small loss on the day, anyone else having and issue getting bfsp prices ?

Litty Litty I feel like a clapped out maestro

elmoputney elmoputney nice to catch up with you I have been watching your posts with interest and I wish you well with it, I have spent 17 years following horses and I have tried to forget everything and start again, not easy but I will keep trying :) I set out with the intentions of winning a few bob and making myself happy, but its easy to go down a different road in this tough game

Good night that dave58 dave58 been a good horse to follow that's for sure

NigelRG NigelRG age is just a number you seem full of beans and long may that continue mate, ive never been a layer only in my stallion days lol

ArkRoyal ArkRoyal thanks for the comments much appreciated

D djb38 hope your break goes really well and you recharge and bash the bookies next season

Thanks Franktheform Franktheform as much as the maestro amd metro were shit cars I wish they still made them like that new cars are just soulless. I had a look at yours whilst making dinner last night and backed a couple of the winners. Saved my day no end and then we had a nice dinner so all was good. I know what you mean about a tough game I keep learning but still make the same old mistakes. This time one year lol. Anyway thanks my little one took her first few steps yesterday along with the timing of this. it made me appreciate it all the more from now on its family first.

Cheers and good luck

Hi Franktheform Franktheform - I am newish here and never seen your posts before but it is clear you are held in high regard - looking forward to seeing your posts.

As for Timeform - there has been an issue as NigelRG NigelRG says nedloh nedloh has been having trouble for a few days as have I. That said I went back to look at yesterdays races where I had to note ISP due to Timeform not showing figures and lo and behold BSP is now showing. Not sure if the "problem" is now fixed, or just taking a long time to load the info. I guess we will see as results load today.

Cheers and best of luck

Graeme

A good day yesterday finished off +10 so a good start to the campaign
Today
  1. No bets
  2. 4.50 the cashel man 3/1
    7.40 snow cloud 11/4
  3. No bets
  4. 7.10 miss van gough 4/1
    7.40 snow cloud 11/4
  5. 3.20 Roxy star 3 points win 9/2
    3.50 homage 2 points win 4/1
    7.40 foreign diplomat 2 poins win 3/1
  6. 4.50 Atalaw 5/1
    7.40 snow cloud 11/4
    9.10 arcamante 4/1

Hello maestro....
Trickling along nicely mate, you can keep your feet up all night if you carry on like this .....
Litty.

Back