• Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

Ryder Cup!

Hi all, been meaning to get on here all week, but life got in the way! My favourite sports tournament is currently in play and despite Speiths and Reeds demolition of Poulter and Gallacher this morning, I'm going to stick with debutant of the tournament: Dubuisson. He's got a tall order, and maybe I'm letting my heart rule my head, but the Frenchman is my favourite for debutant of 2014!

Robo,

I am mad on golf and looked at this for a mate this weekend I have backed the states @13/8 and covered the draw just cant see us winning, this morning highlighted our weakness with Poulter injured and off form. In golf Passion counts for nowt, if you are not on your game. Gallagher was completely out of his depth.

It will be interesting this weekend and I hope Europe win of course but the Sunday singles will be key with how they stack up, just seen Donaldson have a good debut and of course your French guy whatever happens it beats football every day!

Yep, Speith and Reed were pretty solid yesterday, however if passion does count in golf then it's during the Ryder Cup. 2012 would have been nothing of the miracle it was without passion. I think the singles will obviously be crucial but a big enough lead today will make it easier. After watching Rose hole a vital putt for a halve at the 5th this morning I think our lead of 2 will be increased by lunch.

Robo,

Morning just seen the draw for today, this will go to the wire, Europe have had a great Saturday afternoon, but they will come fighting and when the scores start stacking up the nerves will start, this will be as good as last time I am sure.

Cheers

Robo,

They gave it a great run but something wasn't quite right with the USA today, well done Europe, I thought Furyk was exceptional with Garcia

I followed Tom Watson when I was young and he is a hero of mine up there with Ben hogan, but some of the players today were flat , fowler, Bradley, Simpson and the biggest flop was bubba.

I think this day and age the middle age guys just don't seem to get it, hopefully reed and speith will make the team next year and the Ryder cup will be come closer.

The Americans need a win next time ... Europe have won 5 of the last 6 and are beginning to dominate. As has been said the US need to unearth some young and hungry talents before 2016

Back