• Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

Sports personality of the year

Bluebazooka

Yearling
With andy Murray being knocked out at Wimbledon today, that has also knocked out his chance of winning SPOTY. He's now a long shot after being fav for most of the year.
Assessing the contenders for the award now should be a easier task. England's failure in the World Cup means an English footballer has no chance. Carl Froch could have been a lively outside bet if he wasn't so arrogant and unlikeable, I just can't see him being the "housewives" choice.
Lewis Hamilton is a definite contender, should he win the formula one title, but it's Chris Froome who my early money is going on.
The British publics love of cycling has seen three of the last six SPOTY winners come from the sport.
Froome is part of cycling team sky, and is worthy of being short priced favourite to win the Tour de France. Success in the ultimate cycling event would surely see him pick up the sports personality trophy in December.
Best price I've seen is 7/2. That could look huge in a few months time

Like all good anti post bets, you take 7/2 for a lump, and within days he drifts out to..... 300/1!!
Fell off his bike and broke his wrist along with his favs chance of winning the tour and SPOTY!
You gotta laugh......

This year it should be the great Ronnie O'Sullivan.
He has achieved everything his sport has to offer and set so many records, the man is a genius on a snooker table and it will be many years before we see a natural like him.
It still amazes me that he has not yet be made a Sir.
Arise Sir Ronnie O'Sullivan....G.O.A.T

...... totally agree after all his heroics against the Aussies. That innings alone to draw level at 2-2 must live long in the fans memories. :drinks:

Back