• Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a 20% discount on Inform Racing.
    Simply enter the coupon code ukbettingform when subscribing here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Inform Racing so help is always available if needed.
    Best Wishes
    AR
  • Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

The trials & tribulations of a rabid welshman

The reason im doing this blog is for me put down my thoughts , feelings & emotions as i go about my days as a bit of self therapy , i suppose

But another important reason is to keep an accurate record of my gambling/betting or whatever you want to call it ! as i plan to record every bet from today on on this blog

Where do i start ???

Ive been a bit low tbh since my business went tits up but in the last week or so i feel like im starting to turn the corner and this week is the first time ive earned any money in 4 months , and i can tell you for nothing ,going 4 months without a penny coming in & coupled with a wife and 3 boys to feed , a mortgage , takes its toll on the bank balance

ok im not skint (but have lost a small fortune in the last year) and i cant carry on like this for ever

if any you follow me on twitter , i bet on football , but you wont see me tweeting BTTS or odds on favs to win as i believe any muppet can back these , and even a blind man in a barrel full of tits can end up sucking on a nipple IMO

I bet on sides where i believe the odds are wrong , either by laying a side who i think to be short or backing the outsider when i my odds say they should be far shorter.

My strike rate aint that hot but when backing sides over priced and coupled with a bit of trading , it doesnt need to be

I compile my own odds , using historic and head 2 head data , and then throw my own thoughts into the equation ,

I also follow a few like minded fools on twitter ,so sometimes i'll post bets that arent necessarily my own but i only back their bets if my own odds say there is value in the bet

you will notice my main bets will be from the championship and lower divisions as the bookies and mug punters are basically lazy and seem to contrate on the elite divisions

but i may struggle now with the championship as my side, cardiff , have been promoted to the promised land and i'll invariably have less interest in that division but this blog should help me maintain my focus

so thats enough from me for now and i'll be back soon , hopefully with a winner or two

Good luck Curly Mate ;)

Nice intro and I as a Swansea fan am chuffed Cardiff got promoted as its 6 points for the Jacks :D

I wish you well and I hope things work for you I am sure they will as you will never keep a good man down

frank

nice one curly, just had email from racingsecretsexposed about making 20 pts a season backing against liverpool thatll do for me, surrounded by scousers! back the dutch ie draw or their opposition :lol:

Franktheform said:
Good luck Curly Mate ;)

Nice intro and I as a Swansea fan am chuffed Cardiff got promoted as its 6 points for the Jacks :D

I wish you well and I hope things work for you I am sure they will as you will never keep a good man down

frank

Cheers Frank , i think the jacks will do well this season as thyeve made some shrewd signings , hopefully the thursday night europa games will take their toll and we'll end up above you , but i cant see it

whilst im on i forgot to state my long term bets of the season

£ 50.00 on Villa to have more than 43.5 pts by the end of the season @2.25 ,

Villa ended the season well and the kids are that much more experienced , added to Benteke signing a new contract i think villa should brake the 43.5 pts with out too much of a struggle

£ 50.00 on Norwich over 40.5 pts by the end if the season @2.10

Norwich have made some good signings and last year was all about survival for the canaries as they had a massive bank loan to repay

in the previous seasons they hit 44 and 47 pts , so i see no reason why they cant better those totals this time round

also £ 25.00 Double @ 4.72

Will be looking forward to a good read and hopefully profitable one too mate, all the best to you curly....
Litty.

Welcome to Blogland Curley,a place where members can relax,post their innermost thoughts and maybe have a little social intercourse :drinks:

Cheers everyone for the kind words

Today im relaxing at the mo .... the mrs is having her barnet done , the twins and are in bed and ive just fed the baby ...so i got 5 to myself as we are having some family photos done later , so i thought id post my thoughts about the big day tomorrow

whos going to win ?

the bookies dont and wont split Man U , Chelski & Man City and to be honest i cant ,

all 3 have new managers but the london side have the advantage of a returning manager and i suppose he knows the set up at the club already, but i feel they are a bit short and represent no value and im tempted to lay them , a good side yes , but a title winning side as of today ..No...

Man city have spent 90 mil in the process hes bought 3 forwards , all good ones ,but are they better than whats left ..time will tell , i personally think they could do with another centre half

Man u have employed the services of mini-me in the guise of Moyles , and he started in a classic ferguson style yesterday by saying the opening fixture list was rigged , but theyve yet to attract any real signing of note , they badly need a center half and a centre mid , but they won the EPL last season at a canter , so wtf do i know

but if anyone finishes above the reds of manchester , i can see that side lifting the EPL

Whos going down ??

Palace for me , look a cert .. i believe they'll struggle , they finished the season in terrible form and just scraped in to the play off , and they havent replaced Zaha and theyve got injuries coming into the season

I dont think West Brom will repeat last seasons performances and i think they will also struggle , they finished last season with one win in 9 , ok theyve got anelka to replace lokaku but i know who id rather have in my side

Race for fourth ??

at the moment its all about the transfer market ..if spurs keep hold of bale ( also need to sign a defender ), they should get 3rd or 4th no problem , if Lpool keep hold of suarez , they should be up there this season , and as for Arsenal , fuck knows what goes on there , 13 fit players going in to the season , no signings of note , even their season ticket holders have spent more than Wenger this season and i can see a full on revolt if they get off to a bad start

Dark Horses ??

i think Norwich/ Swansea may surprise a few but both sides have made some really shrewd signings and dont be shocked if they do some real damage at home

Sunderland have bought a million and one players and i do like Di canio but will they gel

so in summary , i aint got a bleeding clue but i cant wait for it to unfold before my eyes

bring it on !

anonamouse said:
Having you back on the firm is the best news I've had all week. :clap:

I'll second that - good to have you back mate, and I hope things look up for you soon.

Dave

but you wont see me tweeting BTTS or odds on favs to win as i believe any muppet can back these

:lol:

Well this Muppet will be having a go in the competition tomorrow, on BetFreds Goals Galore Bonus coupon.

:party:

Good luck with your endeavour.

:handgestures-thumbup:

one for luck mate ;)

girl-red-dragon-tattoo.jpg

Best of luck mate, good to see you back.

Reckon that Villa bet is completely nailed on. No way I can see them being bottom 5 this season.

best of luck from me as well Curly, sounds like you've had a difficult year so far, let's hope that better times are just round the corner. loving the blogs on here :handgestures-thumbup:

looks like you're much loved on t'inerweblington curly.

not quite as nice as a loving famiy, but at least we haven't all got our hand out!

do me a favour & DM me your new email on twitter please :acute:

watch out for some firkin serious fireworks in the very near future... :violin:

I'm going for a pre match trade for tommoro. And I'll be looking to trade out before kick off

So £ 1000.00 on Man U @ 2.16

I have them at 1.86 and and theyve been on the drift all day , I think even with the moyles factor they should come in by kick off

im having two bets from the J League in japan this morning

10pts win on both

I backed Sendai at 3.65 in the Kashiwa v Sendai match - i have Sendai trading at 2.5 , theyve won 3 on the bounce and have a fairly good record at Kashiwa

&

I backed C-Osaka at 2.1 in the C-Osaka v Shimizu match- i have the home side at 1.78 here and theyve on lost once in last 12 games at home to the pulse

had a nice weekend with mrs & kids as it was my mrs 40th and weve been married 10 years as well ( they said it 'll never last ) , so didnt really look at the football TBH , i watched cardiif get stuffed by the hammers but that was really it , and i know this might sound daft , im not a lover of weekend football as there are too many games for me to look at and i find my little welsh head hurts from trying to digest whats going on

any way i did look at two games on Friday night for Saturday morning and we had one winner & one loser on Saturday giving us 1 pt profit ( fanfare pls ) and i would have lost £ 15.00 on the pre man u trade but i managed to turn the trade around and come out a £ 5er down

onto tonight

im having a dabble in Lillestrom v Stromgodset game and im backing the home side @ 3.2

good luck if you decide to follow

had a nice weekend with mrs & kids as it was my mrs 40th and weve been married 10 years as well ( they said it 'll never last ) , so didnt really look at the football TBH , i watched cardiif get stuffed by the hammers but that was really it , and i know this might sound daft , im not a lover of weekend football as there are too many games for me to look at and i find my little welsh head hurts from trying to digest whats going on

any way i did look at two games on Friday night for Saturday morning and we had one winner & one loser on Saturday giving us 1 pt profit ( fanfare pls ) and i would have lost £ 15.00 on the pre man u trade but i managed to turn the trade around and come out a £ 5er down

onto tonight

im having a dabble in Lillestrom v Stromgodset game and im backing the home side @ 3.2

right im off to buy a kettle

good luck if you decide to follow

Back