• Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a 20% discount on Inform Racing.
    Simply enter the coupon code ukbettingform when subscribing here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Inform Racing so help is always available if needed.
    Best Wishes
    AR
  • Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

UKBF Common Race

Hitting the crossbar too many times lately. Spencer gave WR his typical leave it late style and came from too far back and was done by a neck for more place money.
Onto tomorrow.

Can't see byond the obvious here, Extra Mile - trainer is 80% SR on AW lately, the horse is still learning the game, and won on his seasonal opener lto a couple of weeks back over this desitance at Chelmsford. I'd rate Paddyplex next best.
Dave

How about the 4.05 at Newbury, 2m2f class 2 Handicap,. 0-105, 25k to winner, 10 runners and at first glance looks like there are at least 4 in with a shout.
Dave

Why is Frankie riding Sandro unless it's for the owners The Primaveras? The horse used to be top class 2 years back but seems to have lost his way. 22/1 would be a steal if back to his best in this. Had a pipe opener over the jumps so should lack nothing in fitness. He's the only class winner and higher in the race so are the connections having it away here? The other question is why is he still in training if not showing any inclination in his races. He's only 4 and has won off 107 now off 95 so maybe one last chance? Otherwise why is Frankie riding him?

Fair question - Frankie is, I would think, at the meeting for Qaysar (Hannon) in the 2.25, and probably more for John Gosden's Lah Ti Dah (another Lloyd-Webber filly) in the 3 O'clock, who may turn into his oaks ride. He has a couple later on too, so I'd guess somebody asked him and he had nothing else booked - he rode the horse a few years back while he was running fine, maybe he's nostalgic!

There's a right mix of form here, hurdles, AW, flat, some have run fairly recently, others not - I have Jukebox Jive a fraction ahead of Golden Birthday, but I think the latter is the more likely winner of the pair, so much to my chagrin I'm going with the probable favourite according to the RP, secure in the knowledge that when I have a choice of two I always pick the wrong one.

Golden Birthday

Dave

Alan King's recent form puts me off Coeur De Lion; Anthony Honeyball's form looks the same, but he is constantly hitting the post and crossbar, but JJ is up 11lbs in a tougher race. Sandro Botticello hasn't shone since a break and new trainer.

The two I like most have both come in for some support this morning, Golden Birthday is currently favourite but again is up in the handicap in a tougher race. So the most likely, for me, is Champagne Champ, off 86 - its last winning mark. He will handle the ground and has won over further. George Wood takes off a valuable 3lbs, the first time the horse has been claimed off. A left handed track suits, although flat would be better than the slight undulations but it has placed over C&D

Definitely an open race I think Champagne Champ should go well he is better weight wise than when second in this race last year and will handle conditions.

Despite being way out of form on his old form which includes a listed win I think Sandro Botticelli is interesting especially with Frankie Dettori back in the saddle he has a good record on him but It would take a leap of faith to back him but I will be watching how he runs especially at the big odds however, I will side with Champagne Champ

Golden Birthday an out and out stayer a prep run under the belt the trainers horses have been going well with out winning looks a live contender

Crikey,
that one didn't give us much of a chance (it was actually top on my speed ratings, I blush to admit, but I thought he had no chance!)

How about a relatively straightforward handicap for tomorrow - 6.30 Wolverhampton AW, a 5f sprint handicap with 11 very very exposed runners? Otherwise I'm quite happy to row in with anything you guys consider a better one to play with.
Dave

Last edited:
Precious Plumb @40/1 looks intrersting two from three over C/D this took the whole of 2017 out for some reason so should be sharper for the two recent runs it won a class6 here off 65 then went on to win a class 4 off 70 the trainer is 29% here over the last twelve months the jockey went second on a 20/1 shot for trainer last month so off 67 plus a seven pound claim this could go well

Berryessa for me here 10/1 best odds each way best odds. The fav won easily last time and even with an 8 pounds rise should go in again so I'm looking at place money in reality. Trainer Race Guest has the top returns over the last 5 seasons in this type of race here. The horse ran a solid race here last time and should turn the form around with Red Stripes who took her ground just after the off.
Good luck.

Back