• Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a 20% discount on Inform Racing.
    Simply enter the coupon code ukbettingform when subscribing here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Inform Racing so help is always available if needed.
    Best Wishes
    AR
  • Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

UKBF Common Race

2nd top on your unadjusted there markfinn markfinn
Yes but thats a checks and balance indication not actual part of the rating

Poor connection form
1515777279030.png
In truth that was not a race to involved with - never go looking for a race - find what you know and stick with it - just thought I would join in - while waiting for tomorrows races - more than happy with 1st race result although the race was a bit of farce.

Yes but thats a checks and balance indication not actual part of the rating

Poor connection form
View attachment 54643
In truth that was not a race to involved with - never go looking for a race - find what you know and stick with it - just thought I would join in - while waiting for tomorrows races - more than happy with 1st race result although the race was a bit of farce.
Some canny advice there markfinn markfinn , probably said to better effect in a no-nonsense proper Yorkshire accent:)

markfinn markfinn

As we are golfing tomorrow I will be back for the race but having looked at Red Indians last few races he certainly has raced in some good company which have gone on to win decent races, namely the McCain horse who reached the heights off 135.

He is price disparity horse right now so will monitor tomorrow so will be looking in to him and of course the Henderson horse who looks similar to last weeks winner call me lord.

He could have a nice double with the one in the last, anyway the steel city derby awaits

Come on you Owls

8/1 2-2 any time in the game

Draw

Rhodes to score first

Makes it interesting

Probables
Kemp 2:40 1 Bags Groove 2 William Henry 3 Spiritofthegames

Final ratings based on class
Kemp 2:40 1 River Frost 2 Bags Groove 3 William Henry

2:40 River Frost the only runner with proven form in a higher class but there has to be a doubt re the course. His best so far has been on undulating courses . He does have a course win on this course but in a lower class. The course doubt along with the short price stops this being a bet for me. Bags Groove second best class wise but with no worries re flat "speed" course. Can't find it being said he would be targeted for this, but it does look as if he has been. William Henry hasn't an entry on the d/base and his ranking is solely due to his probable figures and I think those have been flattered by his trainer. Bags Groove small win loaded place.

Have to admit I'm very surprised at the lack of views on this top class race!! I find/think trainers aim/target horse for races like this and that those horse run to their profiles much more often than the lower class horses this must make life a little easier.

Be Lucky

Nick Williams likes winning this one having won it 3 times since 2011 today saddles Dendley De mee, who is owned by Babbit racing my youngest daughter calls rabbits, Babbits I see it as a sign :)

Carries featherweight at 5 may show significant improvement for a big race and worth the risk at this price

25/1 EW

Have to admit I'm very surprised at the lack of views on this top class race!! I find/think trainers aim/target horse for races like this and that those horse run to their profiles much more often than the lower class horses this must make life a little easier.
A different perspective.............The majority of the winners of these top class races will be showing improved form,which can prove more difficult to judge.Lower class races are more often won by an animal who does not need to improve only repeat.? Smart trainers will also be targeting lower grade contests well in advance and sometimes this can be gleaned from there MO and or the horses profile.

From my betting point of view the only advantage with the top class events is a stronger market and occasionally an AP opportunity.Each to there own its never easy whatever our preference.:)

Last edited:
Back