1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. There seems to be a problem with some alerts not being emailed to members. I have told the hosts and they are investigating.
    Dismiss Notice
Welcome to the UK Betting Forum. Please consider registering, it is free!

Watch and wait 3.0 - lets do it again.

Discussion in 'Tips' started by pete, Oct 3, 2017.

1. pete

pete Gelding

All weather racing. Watch the replays, note the decent horses, back them next time out when they win .. easy huh? Have gone over all a/w meetings from September and have a few on my list .. looks like we got runners over the next few days .... Stay tuned :)

2. NigelRG

NigelRG Dam

GL @pete You'll need it. :handgestures-thumbup::handgestures-thumbup:

Nige

3. pete

pete Gelding

Backing the winners is easy .. avoiding the losers is the hard part ;)

NigelRG likes this.
  4. pete

pete Gelding

Not much of a bet for the first runner, but the first one from my list goes tomorrow ...

04.10.17 - 20:10 Kempton - Ply.
    Won easy as you like last time out over C/D .. penalty shouldn't stop him in this one .. has lots in hand.
    Opened 5/4 Currently @ 10/11 .. i'm guessing it will go off much shorter tomorrow .. I won't be on it at that price though.
    I'll wait for bigger and better opportunities at bigger and better prices. :)

NigelRG likes this.
  5. pete

pete Gelding

Won - very, very easy again ... no kind of price, but a winner is a winner .. right?

ply.PNG

NigelRG, martin_85 and elmoputney like this.
  6. NigelRG

NigelRG Dam

Early odds will improve your P/L they were 5/4 Tues evening. @pete

Good start with a 5/4 winner :handgestures-thumbup::handgestures-thumbup:.

Nige

pete likes this.
  7. pete

pete Gelding

Still too short for me @NigelRG .. I tend to look for no lower than 9/2 to tempt me into having a flutter.

There was one from my list tomorrow, but i was looking for it to drop down in class to be competitive .. it didn't, so its not a play.
    Watch .. and impatiently ... wait.

8. NigelRG

NigelRG Dam

If they're very well in you'll be lucky to find a generous bookie. @pete

Nige

9. pete

pete Gelding

06/10/16

Two for Friday :

18:15 Chelmsford - Another Day Of Sun @ 5/1 BOG

Ran a very good race last time out despite not being put in the best position by the jockey a couple of times.
    Ran on very well towards the end of the race, and had the race been run again, would probably have won it.
    De Sousa up top tomorrow ... I think this race may be a little tougher than the last, but the horse has a decent acceleration .. and if placed well in final couple of furlongs will go close at a decent enough price.

19:15 Chelmsford - Favorite Treat @ 50/1 BOG
    Ran a great race 2xLTO over 7f at Thirsk, Followed that up with a nothing race last week. Not sure this one strikes today, but am expecting a drop to class 5 and a decent effort from this one soon.
    At 50/1+ tomorrow .. a very small e/w "just in case" bet will be had :)

Chesham, martin_85 and NigelRG like this.
  10. pete

pete Gelding

ADOS lost ... slightly better horses had the beating of him.
    second one was withdrawn before the off, didnt want to race today.

One for Saturday
    SINGULAR QUEST - (Wolverhampton, 20:15) @ 7/2 BOG
    Ran well off a break last time out.
    Was never in the right position in the race to be able to get a decent run at the line, always appeared to be going well though .. and given a run I feel would have taken the race quite nicely. Hopefully will be given more of a chance here, I think we have the beating of Frozon this time around .. would like 4/1, but will take 7/2 BOG and see what happens, I think it will go off a little shorter.

NigelRG and Chesham like this.
  11. pete

pete Gelding

added a real small bet on Archipeligo to cover stakes in the 20:15 Wolv race.

also had a very small e/w stakes bet on
    18:45 Wolv - Gentlemen @ 11/1 E/W BOG - horse ran a nice race last time out, it is up against a couple of decent horses in this race, I was hoping that it'd find an easier race ... but here we are, seems to go well the first few races after a break, Has a 7lb claimer up top today and I expect a decent run ... win would be nice, but a place would work.

NigelRG likes this.
  12. pete

pete Gelding

ergh, rough start.
    Gentleman was always going to be a shot to nothing .. never in the race.
    SQ went close though, was not a bad run again .. his time is coming ... drifted like a bad thing going off at 8/1 .. price surprised me.
    Lets see what tomorrow brings, or rather Monday ,,, nothing going tomorrow.

NigelRG likes this.
  13. pete

pete Gelding

for 09th Oct

Kempton - 19:55 - Balgair @ 5/1 BOG
    My notes say "weaved his way through the pack to get up to be a close second, should go well next time out if up against similar"
    These look a little bit tougher than those he ran against last time out ... but a slight drop in distance may see him race a little more prominent.
    I think 5/1 is a reasonable assessment of his chances and i'm going to be on for a small bet.

Kempton - 20:25 - Born to Finish @ 6/1
    "would have won but for the need to switch left at 1f. kept on well. needs cl5 6f aw again. Due a win."
    Looks like he was showing signs of life again last time out, is off a reasonable mark tomorrow.
    Should get a good run for our money.

mick and NigelRG like this.
  14. pete

pete Gelding

argghh, just not going my way at the moment.
    Balgair ran a very decent race, but the line came a touch too quick for him
    Born to finish was there or thereabouts, but not good enough this time.
    Nothing for tomorrow .... JustInTime 1:50 Leic was on my list, but it switches from AW to flat ...
    and the price of 11/8 isn't good enough for me, though i do think it'll take a lot of beating.

martin_85 and NigelRG like this.
  15. pete

pete Gelding

::eyerollsmiley::

jit.PNG

Maybe its these short ones I should be backing.

NigelRG likes this.
  16. NigelRG

NigelRG Dam

Don't forget early prices may improve prices. @pete

Nige

17. pete

pete Gelding

Just can't bring myself to bet them when they are this short @NigelRG

Another one for tomorrow :

17:55 Kempton - Glendevon, ran a cracking race on debut last time out, should be much sharper this time around.
    Again .. odds of 6/5 dont appeal to me .. but its one from the list.

NigelRG likes this.
  18. Chesham

Chesham Sire

19. pete

pete Gelding

Thanks @Chesham , i'd rather see one of the 5/1 runners go in .. the ones carrying my money .. haha .. it'll happen .. just a matter of time.

Chesham likes this.
  20. NigelRG

NigelRG Dam

Terrific win @ 9/1 @pete :dreads::dreads::handgestures-thumbup::clap::clap::handgestures-thumbup::drinks:.

Nige

martin_85 likes this.
  21. pete

pete Gelding

gdvn.PNG

Chesham likes this.
  22. Chesham

Chesham Sire

pete likes this.
  23. dave58

dave58 Administrator

Very nice there, @pete

pete likes this.
  24. pete

pete Gelding

oct 12th
    chelmsford - 19:45 - abaad - @ 14/1 ... this one has been on my list for a while ... always seems to close well, always seems to find a couple that are slightly better.
    Looks to have found itself in another race where one or two may be too good for it again.
    Ran well enough off a four month break last time out for a new trainer .. back again tomorrow after another four month break ... not one to put the house on, but its on the list ...

Chesham likes this.
  25. pete

pete Gelding

One above was no good.

Saturday 14th October

A few tough looking handicaps at Kempton on Saturday.
    I have two qualifiers that should be able to get in the business end of the race if they run up to the form they showed last time out.

GARCON DE SOLEIL - (Kempton, 21:15) - @ 16/1 BOG ... my notes say "always going well, caught behind horses in straight, when got out ran on v well. needs similar."
    Re-watching the race, looks like this one was much the best horse in the race last time out. Got stuck behind a couple of slower horses at the 2f mark .. waited for a gap that never came ... pulled around both those horses and did not start its run until 1f from home .. made up around 6-7 lengths in the final furlong once clear. These today look to be a little better .. but if in the same mood as last time ... even running out of the handicap .. I suspect it will run a big race at a big price.

THE WARRIOR - (Kempton, 20:15) @10/1 BOG
    Put on my list after the run from 09 sept in a $37k class two hcap over C&D. Was stuck three deep on the rails at the 2f pole ... when the cutaway came horse tried to go down the inside, but one in front of it took the path the horse was going for, jockey decided to move left and go around the two horses in front, but again path was not clear .. when the gap opened up in front of it ... horse picked up well, but chance was gone .. with a clear run would have taken this race comfortably. very lightly raced short priced fave in this could be anything ... i would not want to be on it after an 18 month break though. I think ours is fit and ready to run a decent race, am just wary of the entry it holds in a hot Ascot handicap next week worth $155k. This may be a gentle run out before that.

26. pete

pete Gelding

Ran a very decent race again, left with a touch too much to do, closing all the way to the line .. another race he should have won I think ...
    I had a small amount on the place to cover my win bet, but was still disappointed to not get home on this one today.

Other race was cancelled.