• Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

Wolves 7.15

I’ve put this selection up today as I’m a new member , I like the quality of the conversation on the forum and I want to give something back for the opportunity to read & learn from some previous posts and threads and hopefully a few of the members will help guide me a little with some things that I’m Pursing ..

7.15 Wolves -

SAYESSE - 11/2

Not unexposed, but theres a nice jigsaw here -

Won up to 83 and numerous other wins in better class than today as a 2/3yo.

Sire stats point to a VERY poor show on turf..
Now, SAYESSE has done her 2 and 3 yo career on turf - turf sire STATS 0/30 3yos, turf stats generally on turf 6% sr…and anything worse than firm ground has a poor SR too..

last years stats are very interesting - 1st 3 yo race was back after 167 break - possibly sharpened up to assess ability on AW debut and preferred surface for sire too. Looked vunerable with 9-13 on his back and a large price never suggests the channon stable are confident!
Anyway , ran a sound race to lose by 1.5 lengths at kempton (first AW run) against 2 horses who have retained high 80 ratings…. Rememebr thought that this was a right handed course and sire stats suggest 6% SR on right and 18% on left!!
Next run was over 5.5f - sire suggests min prefered dist, would be 6f …and he seems to like to be held up - so that wouldn’t be ideal, as he was running on. The race was at Bath - (now BATH is notorious for frm ground, so it would have been his best chance on his turf runs) although distance was probably a bit sharp - in running Commenotry says -‘ not clear run but ran on’… NExt time out was at chester in a 95 rated and lost by 1/2 length … no great animals, but ended up with a handicap mark of 87..
Chester - also is a tight left handed, so it always bodes well with a liking for wolves !! Today’s course!

He had another 4 or 5 races on turf, on softer ground and up to 100+ rated handis - this was clearly the plan to reduce the handicap right down for 2018 and an AW campaign that the sire suggests is perfect.

He come back out in 2018 - first 2 runs were kempton (right handed and 25/1) and next run was 40/1 , but got caught in some horrible traffic, but by the look of the price, channon didnt have him stripped fit, and he probably wanted to get him down to a much more realistic handicap mark…

He then came out for his 3rd run and hes off a mark of 70…and hes at wolves -(sire suggests 23% SR and distance to suit)..Runs a very good race and comes 3rd against Murdanova (won back to back and hasnt been seen since) - SAYESSE beat spare parts 90 rated and fast track 85 , who have both gone onto 90 ratings… rouge noiur - who was second went on to run in a class 2 …but failed - was 33/1 though!...

next run over CD , SAYESSE won nicely, beating the fav- mansfield and bernies boy - now rated 78 - quite easily!

The next run was last time out, when he was a drifter from 7/2 - 18/1 (I watched and noted this !) and was held 20 + lengths off the pace and ran like an absolute rocket in the final furlong and hit a wall of traffic..

Today hes back to wolves and 7f ( preferred course and dist) , off 73 and he has now been blessed with a real jockey - Andrea Atzeni - who, strangely enough, has a 5/9 SR when riding for mick channon over conditions, when fancied!

Heads of the market at 2.30pm -

Tuscany - coles has an unexposed duel course winner here, but his lay off stats at the course are 0/22 , & left tight courses 1/64!! And what also is interesting is same class sprinters with lay off on AW is 0/32...so Im not expect a bit run today and his wins aren’t exposing any hidden class expectations either

Nick vedder - not totally convinced about this one either - drop to 7f doesn’t throw up any positives for me ( even if RP have napped him and say it’s going to play to his strength ) switch from Newcastle to wolves looks positive , but I would like to have seen more at lingfield in December- he also looked complicated and slightly unsure of his task!
LTO form , doesn’t highlight a high 70s animal either and it does make you wonder why he left Karl Burke in July for 20k off a mark of 73 !! Is he good enough !?!

I’ve got SAYESSE at a mark of 76-78 and that’s above par for class for me and that says he’s worthy of a 5/1 ew punt

No guarantees of winning or losing but hopefully a guide to help you make a decision if your taking part in this race too.

Atb
Speedking

nice write up..i am both sayesse and nick vedder, they will both need luck i think sayesse has a wide draw and franny needs to produce nick a bit earlier this time....

Yes, RP write’s about wide draw , but SAYESSE. Will be held up , so can’t see any problem with that and there’s no major draw bias over 7f at wolves anyway!
Pace - looks likely to be a couple of front runners , so I’m hoping they go a true gallop too

Good luck and thanks

Speed king,

I am also,with you here ran on really well from stall 14 last time I think this is an easier task even though he is out the outside good luck and a good write up

Thanks pingman

I think it’ll be interesting to see where the market goes with this, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see late money.

This really is his golden opportunity and I think the smaller field should help with traffic problems ... as long as they make it a true run race ...
I wouldn’t be surprised - with atzenis style, that he doesn’t try to be a little more involved

Good luck anyway

Back