• Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

Justice for punters org.

mick

Sire
The above is a new forum which i only discovered last week and have been posting on.I sought permission from ArkRoyal ArkRoyal & dave58 dave58 to make all members aware .This was given with the understanding that they nor i have any connection with the above.

We can never be sure Re hidden agendas etc but my view is that the people concerned are genuine and professional on a mission which i care about.Currently they are low profile with a big launch planned for GN week but i would recommend you have a look as i feel strongly that what they are attempting to achieve is much needed and long overdue.

The HBF have admitted that the majority concern from us punters is account restrictions.Limiting a punter to a max 50p bet at the advertised price is an effective way for Bookmakers to get rid of a winning customer without being accused of closing winning accounts.They get away with this because its still only a minority of punters affected but the numbers grow and you could be next.

All punters bet with the objective of making profits few will do so long term but the above now sends a very clear message that NONE will be allowed to.Years ago bookmakers where the middle men paying winning customers from losing ones and keeping the healthy balance as there commission for enabling the transaction.This must have worked because all of the big chains where built off the profits from same.Current times the attitude is there will be no winning customers.There is something very wrong about this.?

It is not just the above,should you decide to open an account with some of the firms now displayed on odds checker and then dare attempt to with draw winnings you may find that the verification process is complex intrusive and under the current gaming laws completely unnecessary.I think most punters deposit with these newer firms not to obtain free offer's but out of necessity because they can no longer get a bet elsewhere.

When you combine the above many backers will understandably just give up and stop there horse race betting ,also word is finally starting to spread about what is happening and many would be new punters may think why bother whats the point.The long term consequences for racing which indirectly we punters help finance will be dire.

There are millions of us and if we came together and worked collectively then some of the Bookmakers poor practice and contempt for customers could be changed.As matters stand i believe that the Punters For Justice Org is our best, last and only chance of achieving this and i would ask all to think on this ,have a look and reg as a supporter.Without our help they cannot progress as they wish to and without this happening then nothing will change.

I have also although i dont use bms, i was reading about the machine gamblers who are addicted because such high stakes allowed, and the use of them for criminals who launder money with them as well. Blyme how greeded can they get even the government like them because they generate alot money in taxes.

Last edited:
OnTheNod OnTheNod Its not just about Bookmakers.Another member made the point about will we have a say when who runs the Tote comes up for renewal.There is strength in numbers especially when coordinated and planned action is organised and implemented.If i had my time over i would start a proper punters club because it is now very much a need.My hope is that JFP will meet this need but to do so they need those numbers.

Is it worth approaching the matched betting companies as this would be of great benefit to them and their members?
I don't mind dropping an email to Mike from PM, he normally responds pretty quickly and he's got a sizeable forum following and social media outlets

Is it worth approaching the matched betting companies as this would be of great benefit to them and their members?
I don't mind dropping an email to Mike from PM, he normally responds pretty quickly and he's got a sizeable forum following and social media outlets

It certainly is worth contacting all punters who have an interest in a fairer betting market - whether they are restricted or not - restrictions are not the only only question currently facing UK just as faux voluntary lifting of such is not the answer .
Personlly I believe we need our own opposite market / exchange independent of the private bookmakers companies run in a similar manner to the lottery with excess profits ploughed back into racing targeted to benefit racing and the future of racing not private individuals or companies that want to consolidate and close courses etc. The industry needs competition to force innovation and growth. How can it be achieved - some say tote some say other - what we don't need is the baton baton passing from one bookmaker to another bookmaker.

Yes please do.;)

It’s been written and spoken about on the forum plenty of times.
If you want to make a fresh post about it,
feel free.

Best Wishes,
Mike Cruickshank

This was Mike's reply this morning mick mick markfinn markfinn
I'm no longer a member of profit maximiser and I don't do Facebook but if anyone on here is, maybe they'd kindly make a new post?

Good stuff I am not fan of empty posts but in this case if all who join can post to say so it will keep the idea on the new posts board for all the guys who can only look in once a week into notice

Well said Mark,also the JFP forum is not very active ,but if you have anything to say on the subject its a good place to post.

Join for free nothing to lose

upload_2017-4-18_19-25-18-png.46032

Some very valid points made Re the Corals shop "offer" and i loved the video spoof The Sting film is a classic imo.I have mentioned before The Hitler ones on you tube some are betting related but i keep waiting for someone to do a Hitler reaction when Lads limit him to 50p @ 8/1 and BF give him the PC.:eek: I suspect he could rant even better than I.

Back