• Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

Seven Days + Under (Flat Version) + (AW Version) System Tests

Last year someone posted a system idea connected to trainers having a quick returning horse,(sorry, can't remember who) well I took note and followed that system on my HRB and I must tell you it was total rubbish, so a couple of months ago I dumped everything from that system apart from the title and just used breeding (as always), so relying on horse's not trainers, I was happily surprised with the results on the AW, so I've now done the same for the turf.
If you've seen any of my threads you'll know I have three levels:
Lucky: These are the systems that are in profit
OK: these are just under performing (Losing)
S##t: Headgear System (But I've noticed this system is very good for laying favorites)
I don't know whether there will any qualifiers for AW again until that season officially begins, but I'll include them here and keep separate totals as I am doing with the Geldings thread.
Qualifiers will be staked as always at 1pt Win, and will be (BOG) if possible.

Friday 21st April CURRENT P/L: 0.00

5.30 Bath 1 Wordiness 5/6 Readily Available (BOG) 1pt Win LOST (3rd)

(I do wish I'd checked the price of this horse before I created the thread) planning has never been my strong point.

Last edited:
Maybe look at trainers who turn them out a lot and see whether that is a pattern connected with profit or that owners like to see them run a lot or to disguise the serious days. I was talking to a trainer about AW and they told me about a gamble coming up, but said the horse will run off and on all season but is only serious a couple of time, irrespective of how quickly its turned out. Said he knew to the pound how it would run every time depending on what he had done with it after its last race. That horse appears to be inconsistent, but in fact runs exactly as they desire, its no star but returns a profit every year.

Maybe look at trainers who turn them out a lot and see whether that is a pattern connected with profit or that owners like to see them run a lot or to disguise the serious days. I was talking to a trainer about AW and they told me about a gamble coming up, but said the horse will run off and on all season but is only serious a couple of time, irrespective of how quickly its turned out. Said he knew to the pound how it would run every time depending on what he had done with it after its last race. That horse appears to be inconsistent, but in fact runs exactly as they desire, its no star but returns a profit every year.

Hi, GLYCERINE GLYCERINE Welcome,

Firstly, did you happen to read the thread heading as the first part of your post seems to describe the system I just dumped because it did not work, but you are welcome to start your own thread along those lines, and I wish you the best of luck.

Secondly, does the trainer you mention also happen to know how all the other runners in the race are going to run? Now that would be interesting and worth knowing.

Thanks again for your input.

I really do appreciate good advice and all interactions on my thread will be replied as honestly as possible, some times with humour, sometimes sarcasm , but never with malice.

Good Luck today to anybody that backs the same horses that I do.

Hmm, interesting thread

I have been following a system following quick returners with very good results over a period of years, and the breakthrough with me was the realisation that while some trainers can get a run of winners , the odds available will make them less viable betting propositions.
Bung that idea into HRB and see where it leads you.

Unless of course you've like me, with a share in a horse that does bugger all for a while, then wins 4 on the trot (but that's a different story !!)

Hmm, interesting thread

I have been following a system following quick returners with very good results over a period of years, and the breakthrough with me was the realisation that while some trainers can get a run of winners , the odds available will make them less viable betting propositions.
Bung that idea into HRB and see where it leads you.

Unless of course you've like me, with a share in a horse that does bugger all for a while, then wins 4 on the trot (but that's a different story !!)

Thanks, dave58 dave58 you are the second person today who has advised me how to run this system, and as before I appreciate the input, but the trainer angle does not interest me as I've tried it, glad you are having luck thought. :handgestures-thumbup:

As for horse shares, tried it but did not like the lack of control, I've even considered buying one outright, but then I'd want to live at the stable and be hands on and I'm sure that would be frowned upon (not unlike most things I do).

Saturday 22nd April

Seven Days + Under (AW Version) CURRENT P/L: 0.00

5.45 Wolverhampton 9 Louis Vee (IRE) 33/1 SB/WH/PP/BF (BOG) 1pt Win NOW A NR

7.15 Wolverhampton 7 Spiritual Star (IRE) 11/8 BV/PP/BB (BOG) 1pt Win
THIS HORSE HAS NOW DISAPPEARED OFF MY HRB ALERTS FOR THIS SYSTEM!!!

Last edited:
Ok, now I'm confused, last night there were two qualifiers for the AW version on my alerts (which I posted on the thread at 1.17am,then earlier today I noticed that "Louis Vee" was a non runner and that "Spiritual Star" was no longer listed, I presumed was possibly also going to be a NR, I updated the thread at 3:29pm, tonight I see SS came 2nd beaten HD, but still NOT on my alerts, now this is bad enough, but I can also see times when this could happen in reverse, and horses appear later, which were not alerts earlier, I've already noticed it happen with a couple of my C+D systems. All these systems are static so are not reliant on weather. price fluctuation etc., so why is it happening?

Wednesday 26th April

Seven Days + Under (Flat Version) CURRENT P/L: -1.00 (After 1 Bet)

2.55 Catterick 8 Miss Bates 16/1 Bet365 (BOG) 1pt Win NR

Last edited:
Back